Players reportedly tell Pep to stop "tinkering"

Something I’ve thought about is Otamendi and Stones being our main CB’s in a 4-3-3 system in our highest (and the league’s up to now) points total.

I know both are a bit of a liability but have they regressed so much in 2 years?

Maybe a period of them two in defence and Fernandinho back into midfielder will help? With Rodri getting up to speed with the league.

Just a thought.

I also think Sane must come straight back in and start games again.

Or even Laporte alongside one of Stones or Otamendi.

If you put Fernandinho back in midfield, chances are that the weaknesses of Stones or Otamendi will be a lot less exposed.

Agree about Sane too.

Or even Laporte alongside one of Stones or Otamendi.

If you put Fernandinho back in midfield, chances are that the weaknesses of Stones or Otamendi will be a lot less exposed.

Agree about Sane too.

Yes of course mate. I meant if Laporte is out.

If he is fit he must start.

Fernandinho will be 35 soon. I don't think he's going to return to central midfield for anything other than injury cover.

Where is Aymeric?

Hi! My name is Steven McInerney, but okay!

I thought it was Dave.

DazzlingPresentIncatern-size_restricted.gif

Fernandinho will be 35 soon. I don't think he's going to return to central midfield for anything other than injury cover.
He isn't, and both him and Pep have said as much, so those clamouring for it need to listen, our results this season are nothing to do with this red herring.

Its mainly to do with missing chances, we've created 50 in 2 games against spurs alone, and scored 2 goals and gained 1 point, its pathetic, that's not down to Pep, its totally down to the players on the pitch.

35 yet far more mobile than Gundogan or Rodri.
Maybe but we're still not going back to Fern playing 30 games a season as DM and you know that. There's more to that role than mobility. Rodri can probably do it if we get the right balance in midfield.

I hope it is true. Be nice to know the big man is open to suggestion.

Just want to mention though, Pep's decisions are unquestioned when we are winning, daft lineups and formations included. Not sure he can be held wholly responsible for a group of well played professionals that are afraid to shoot.

Different tactics , formation , personnel in every game , you cannot win a league title by changing five or six players in nearly every game ,he didnt do it for the last two seasons , why is he doing it now ?

The answer is quite easy: much more injuries.

18/19 Bravo was out, no (big) impact. KDB 1st half was out. Full stop.
End of the season we had several short injuries, nothing big. We won 100% domestic titles and were ridiculously unlucky in CL.

This season:
Sane out -> Sterling takes the full workload on LW and look what happened!
Laporte out, Stones, Zinchenko -> many defensive changes, Dinho saved our arse big time. Even Garcia played 6 full matches already.

Furthermore David, Sergio and Rodri were out for some time.

Pep had to change much more compared to last season(s). And by looking at the players available he had to change the system (tinker), too.
3 at the back came into play to rest Sterling and play without wingers, using 2 offensive wingbacks instead.

Bottom line, we should NOT discuss who is guilty, that would be a trap.
We only have to ask what's best to get the players to the point where they can deliver their normal performance. And score.

Even if the players' shout would be unjustified Pep should be a wise leader and give the team some inches only for motivational reasons.

In summer Pep can present his bill and make the changes he thinks are useful to get more character into the squad
in order to compete with Klopp's bunch.

Otherwise I somehow worry Kev might lose patience and develop other plans, if some things don't change...

He isn't, and both him and Pep have said as much, so those clamouring for it need to listen, our results this season are nothing to do with this red herring.

Its mainly to do with missing chances, we've created 50 in 2 games against spurs alone, and scored 2 goals and gained 1 point, its pathetic, that's not down to Pep, its totally down to the players on the pitch.
The missed chances only became a big issue for me in the last month. Prior to that it was the central defence.

I think once a team loses focus which is inevitable as the title drifts away standards start to slip. That's what I fear now. Two games is not much evidence though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.