Players reportedly tell Pep to stop "tinkering"

Might be something in it but the way the Mail frames it as a 'showdown' is ridiculous.

Managers and players talk all the time and question each other. Probably wasn't the smartest to do it in an away dressing with with prying ears though.

Prying ears....are you suggesting away dressing rooms are bugged?

Joking actually but wouldn't surprise me at all.

Stones has had too many high profile mistakes and is incredibly anxious on the pitch, his personal life problems seem to have effected him as well and his injuries mean he can't get a run of games.

I don't know what you mean by he "hasn't been given a run" because he's always injured.

As for Sterling, I don't know how many times Pep has to tell everyone that what he does is far more important than getting goals and assists in the box until people realise he's absolutely crucial to team and that's why he keeps playing.

Stones has been fit for the last few games and can’t get a look in.

I know Pep has said that, I’ve seen it a few times, I just disagree as Sterling has been that bad, attacks are now breaking down and think Jesus would be better coming in off the left (or Sane when fit).

I’m only throwing the questions out there to have a chat, I’m not fundamentalist and saying “Stones must start!” - I appreciate he’s a bit guff now but a run of games would only help him.

He wouldn't, before a ball was kicked with everyone fit, Pep said he was playing CB.

Yep.
I mean, it's not really that difficult to understand, but maybe some have a short memory (or unable to accept in general):

last season Fern missed 15 matches due muscle and knee injuries. 15.

Workload as DM in PL is too much for him on a regular basis, turning 35 in April. He feels his legs, he knows his body very well.
Injury cover for Rodders/Illy might work for a match or 2, but you can bet opponent sides would attack that problem relentlessly.

Ignoring the truth that Fern as a DM is history reminds me of 8-yo's freaking out on the supermarket floor...

Back to the topic.

He wouldn't, before a ball was kicked with everyone fit, Pep said he was playing CB.

If that is the case then Pep does deserve some shit then, every man and his dog can see Rodri and Gundo together are far too slow to work. It’s no coincidence teams are scoring with very few chances created, the quick counter on us leaves us unstuck. Fernandinho would stop a lot of them counters. If you think we haven’t missed him in midfield then you’re nothing short of an idiot. It isn’t the sole reason, he is just a bit loss not being there without a worthy replacement

Presumably Gundogan and Sterling were the players to speak up about tinkering with the squad.

Stones has been fit for the last few games and can’t get a look in.

I know Pep has said that, I’ve seen it a few times, I just disagree as Sterling has been that bad, attacks are now breaking down and think Jesus would be better coming in off the left (or Sane when fit).

I’m only throwing the questions out there to have a chat, I’m not fundamentalist and saying “Stones must start!” - I appreciate he’s a bit guff now but a run of games would only help him.
I think Stones has probably squandered his last real shot to be honest. Laporte has been out for half the season and between injuries and bad form, and he was really bad against Palace his last time out, he still hasn't managed to get a real run of games. When he plays he looks anxious and error prone the entire time and the second he makes a mistake his head drops and compounds the issue. For me, I'd get what I could for him this summer and move him on. If he does make it to next year it'll be because of his passport and as fourth choice.

if results are determined by the quality of chances created, City would be top of the league.

Might want to take another look again at the performance of our forwards.

I think Stones has probably squandered his last real shot to be honest. Laporte has been out for half the season and between injuries and bad form, and he was really bad against Palace his last time out, he still hasn't managed to get a real run of games. When he plays he looks anxious and error prone the entire time and the second he makes a mistake his head drops and compounds the issue. For me, I'd get what I could for him this summer and move him on. If he does make it to next year it'll be because of his passport and as fourth choice.

You definitely have a point, I think he’s done for with Pep now.

if results are determined by the quality of chances created, City would be top of the league.

Might want to take another look again at the performance of our forwards.

You’re highlighting the forwards, but does it not suggest the opposite? To me that says we’ve scored 3 more goals than expected and conceded roughly 6 goals more than expected. There will be individual games where we’ve under/over performed, but overall the stats say we’ve scored more than can be expected and conceded more than we should have done? For every sitter we fuck up, we must have a goal from a difficult chance to more than balance it out. Over the course of the season, despite the many missed chances, it is the defence/goalkeeping that’s not cutting the mustard. According to that link anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.