4th February 2004 - A Special Match

Iv spoke to you several times Mark,you're quite famous in city circles
spoke to you and Harvey at wembley v spurs in oct 18 on the concourse before the game,and concourse on 318 2 or 3 years ago midweek and i brought up your lad and you welled up with pride over your son when i mentioned him,good lad,both of you !
Its my dads 80th birthday today,beers flowing already
that game v spurs,i was in Thailand and i woke up the next day to several sms from mi dad telling me what had happened,id missed the game with time difference etc
i hope you reach 80 and beyond pal and your lad is still next to you supporting us
Russell
up the blues...
Happy 80th Birthday to your Dad Russell...……...Hope he has a top day.....If I'm watching City with the boy at 80 then I'll be just as proud as I am now, Cheers mate CTWD

Watched it in a pub in Woking as I was working away. Full of Spurs fans but those that weren't were supported God's own that evening (remember when everybody liked us?).
When the winner went in , the Spurs lot knew there was no coming back & the game was up. Fair play to them though, the ones that stayed bought the beer.
Great post OP, brought back many memories for many blues I bet, but even better news of your lad. I sit in 109 & have seen you both a few times, always have a smile on your face (it's been a bit difficult that this season). Can't belive it's that long ago though.

Great post!

Watched it in The Botanic Inn in Belfast. I was the only city fan there and these twatty posh spurs fans beside me were doing little ironic claps when distin scored the first. By the time SWP scored the equaliser the whole place knew where I was sat and when Mackens goal hit the net I went completely and utterly bananas, dancing on the table and roaring my head off. What a night in the bad old, good old days!

Great post about a great night and even better to see that your lad made it through and is now enjoying the best football that the game in England has seen in many a long day at your side.
I was here in Boston at work getting text updates on the game. Just couldn't believe it. And didn't until I saw the highlights.

Don't know the OP but recognise seeing him at loads of away games in particular!! Great that your lad made it through. I've told the story before but I was in hospitality through my City mate who did business with some Spurs fans. At 3-3 he said that if we got the winner to maybe not celebrate too much out of respect for the guys who had invited him. Said it would be hard but that I understood and would try and stifle it as best as I could. Cue Johnny Macken's header (we were more or less behind him) and next thing I knew my mate was jumping all over me like a lunatic. Fabulous night that will almost be impossible for anyone to repeat

A man in the street had left the pub at 3-0. His face when I told him we’d won 4-3.

What. A. Night.

Just been talking to a mate of mine who's a Spurs fan about this game. He says it's still referred to by their fans as their most embarrassing ever game which is nice. Shows how spoiled they've been. That probably wouldn't get in our top 10 if it had been reversed!

Lovely post once again and enjoyed reading your previous posts on what is a special anniversary for you, and in football terms for other blues.
I was there with a good mate and his son both spurs fans, we stayed in for 20 mins after the game, just watching the replays of all the goals. I know sky zoomed in on my friends and couldnt understand why they looked so miserable, little did they know eh.
As for me when Macken scored i lept over all the seats and ran down to the front ( more agile in those days) picture captured in the sporting life. I think a blue won 25 grand that night 500/1 at three nil down.
I also remember a text from my then girlfriend and i quote...... 'goodnight darling, I hope you had a good night even though they lost'. Now this text was sent about 9pm giving me the impression she went to bed early, however I later discovered she was out with an ex BF.... maybe she went to bed early with him !! Annette from Maidenhead where are you now? lol ....happy days !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.