Last Film You Saw

Just watched some Clint last night and this fellah matures with age like a fine claret. Produces, directs, acts and even makes the brews behind scenes. Without any hesitation one of the finest talents to have ever graced our silver screen. The film we watched was called the Mule and a superlative watch.

Earl Stone, a man in his 80s who is broke, alone, and facing foreclosure of his business when he is offered a job that simply requires him to drive. Easy enough, but, unbeknownst to Earl, he's just signed on as a drug courier for a Mexican cartel.

The Silence of the Lambs

Still fantastic and fresh 29 years later. There is no excess in the film, it is laser focussed. Every character illicits an emotional response from you even down to the small parts played. The two police that Hannibal messes up in his posh cell for example. When the guard says at the hanger about he does business to Lecter. I took a moment to aknowledge that he is a fair fella and he carries out his duties in a discompassionate manor i.e. fair. You genuinly get the vibe he is a good egg. He and Pembury would go to get a beer together and hang out outside of work?

The scenery/setting, script and acting all made what is a very small part into someone who was fleshed out as much as possible (get it? fleshed out! you know how he was kill... i'll get me coat). The lady Starling trained with, seemed rather useless but when she is running like hell with a serious look of concern on her face, yep i can relate to that, absolute urgency with a sprinkling of panic, we can all relate to that feeling sadly. Again though a small part that really adds to the film if only really for those few seconds. A force multiplier as the military would say.

The annoying doctor, he delivers great exposition well mixed with his characters development for how supremely dangerous Lecter is and has his own genuine and believable angle as a fame hungry arse. Starlings boss is another, i find myself saying "this is a top fella. All of this whilst not cutting into the sharpness of the relationship between Starling and Lecter, as i say, laser focussed. They don't do much with them but what they do is just right to create believable characters and not some sort of super generic method of exposition that is in your face with no character to them at all.

To often now these details are overlooked or scrubbed out altogether in films, not always but i do think it is a reason for a general apathy towards Hollywood from many movie goers.

There are not to many details or otherwise this film can improve on. 8.7/10

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.