Players reportedly tell Pep to stop "tinkering"

The only plus point to this tinkering is that it keeps the squad fresh for the latter rounds of the Champions' League. It's generally accepted that Liverpool v Tottenham final last year was poor because both teams were knackered. This is where Pep could end up playing his trump card with a fully-fit squad including Sane and Laporte ready to rip it up in Istanbul. Erm, that is if we dump Madrid out first.
We won't be allowed to dump them out,they get some very strange var decisions whn they need it,we don't stand a chance

About bloody time. Players need to fight for the right to play in the team, it’s not U10s. Needs to stop trying to please everyone. Time to tinker and rotate is in the Cups or keep it to 1-2 changes.

Yeah or they could actually deal with their problems head on instead of pretending Pep gets everything right.
exactly, if these over payed professionals can't suck it up and put this sensitivity and confidence crap behind them pronto we won't win more than the league cup the way it's going.
Pep needs to stop being nice, pare down it down to a cohesive unit with fewer big changes per game, and give everyone a big kick in the a$$.

In fairness baldy has been forced to tinker by injuries. During the first five months of last year I was actually worried about how little he rotated and rode his luck with the likes of kun and Vk playing a lot of minutes. The answer to our problems in the middle and left of defence is not obvious so probably needs tinkering with. Dave is not the automatic starter he was and plenty of here have moaned that he doesn't drop mahrez Gundogan and now raz.

The players need to have a good hard look at themselves first.
Constantly missing chances that a 6 year old could put away is criminal! Don’t blame the manager. He must be livid with the amount of golden chances we create and spunk away.

Couldn't resist.
How symbolic this goal is nowadays, looking at our last 30+ chances...

Yes, but you know what I notice about that, now? It's a wonderful strike, don't get me wrong. But there are four opposition players in the immediate vicinity of Vin, in front of him at various distances. Only four. If you took our last fifty chances, and selected those that are hit from outside the box this season, I'm virtually sure that you'll find that there will be at least seven up to nine opposition players in front of our player, packing their box. Over and over, long shots have been blocked by a forest of defenders, this season.

What is concerning is that I do not think anyone, including Pep, has any idea of what our strongest team is this season.

In previous seasons there was little doubt about the best players in at least 9 positions.

However I thought that Pep got the team and tactics spot on at Spurs.

Klopp is hardly tinkering anything since August 2018 and has a smaller squad than us, and went ll the way with us in PL last season and went all the way in CL too and won it with a so called high pressure, intense style which everyone said they will be too tired in second half of the season they cannot maintain it with their 14/15 players and some mediocre rest.

You know Allison, Van Dijk, Robertson, TAA will always start when fit.
You know Firmino, Salah, Mane always start when fit. And Henderson.
Then you know Wijnaldum, Keita, Fabinho start 75% of the time at least.

Their midfield is doing huge amount of work in terms of running, pressing, helping attacks, helping defence much more than our midfeld helping our defence, so I guess that is where Klopp is using more of a rotation between Fabinho, Oxlade, Keita, Wijnaldum, Milner, Lallana etx.
Other than that sometimes Matip and Gomez are rotated with each other but that sit.

For us it is much bigger rotation, even if Zinchenko has two good games he is automatically goes to the bench after that, same with Mahrez, Jesus etc. If Jesus scores in two games in a row he is likely not to start in the next 3 as Kun will start.
We have much more injuries as well, but that is down how the trainings are and how the physios work with the players. I dont think they are doing a wonderful job. Or do we duck up something in pre season trainings?
We also had 1-2 physios joining Liverpool last 2 years.

And lets be honest we dont look any more fresh and players dont look like have way more energy than Liverpool. We look more tired actually.

All this tinkering is probably just Pep looking to change things that didnt work last game. but when something works properly and we win big he still changes around 7 players for next game.

I fear the worst vs Real Madrid as I feel they are a bit underestimated here on the forum. I think they know our weaknesses and these weaknesses are punished every 3rd/4th game this season vs good/mediocre/shit sides regularly and I am not sure Pep will be able to punish Real's weaknesses.
If they sit back, wait on counter chances, have 3 shots on goal and score 2-3 from those which is likely while we have 10 shots to have no goal or 1 goal scored that is enough to lose the CL tie...

We won't be allowed to dump them out,they get some very strange var decisions whn they need it,we don't stand a chance
That's my take it in it too. Manchester City beating Real Madrid at this stage of it? No chance if they can help it. We would have to hammer them and take it out of their hands, which we cant do

What is concerning is that I do not think anyone, including Pep, has any idea of what our strongest team is this season.

In previous seasons there was little doubt about the best players in at least 9 positions.

However I thought that Pep got the team and tactics spot on at Spurs.

What replacing Augero with Cancelo - when we were down a man and losing 1 0 - Premier leagues top striker for a suspect full- back. Must have given Spurs an almighty boost as it would any team seeing Augero going off !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.