FA Cup Replays 4/5 Febuary

For what I know (FIFA offside rules),
the goal scorer was in passive offside first,
but after the keeper saved the ball he was actively offside,
as he was "gaining advantage", so correctly no goal.

The same would be the case if the ball came back from post or cross bar
OR an uncontrolled rebound from an opponent player or keeper.

Page 116+117, examples 10, 11 and 13:
https://www.fifa.com/mm/Document/Fo...ng/02/36/01/11/LawsofthegamewebEN_Neutral.pdf

Just shown it on bbc was a few inches offside by the 'left midfielder' Golbourne came back to pass it back before it was passed forward to the guy who crossed it. Seems very convoluted.
That is an awful long way back before the goal? I seem to recall them not going that far back when Trent Arnold handballed and got possession before they went up the other end and scored agaisnt us!!

That's about 20-25 seconds before the ball hit the net. How long do they go back? I seem to remember a Liverpool goal being given by VAR despite a VVD handball about the same time (if not a few seconds earlier) before in the build up as it was too far back before the goal.
If this is the right picture then that ball gets played back into midfield and then passed forward again. Different phase of play etc etc. Cheating pure and simple.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.