Var debate 2019/20

That VAR line isnt running parallel with the edge of the 18yrd box !

Are you joking?
Of course it's not, like the grass pattern that also doesn't seem to be parallel, but is.

600 years ago "perspective" in painting has been invented.
It helps our brains to illustrate a 3-dimensional setup.

Look down railway lines. You know for sure they're parallel but they join together in the distance.

They asked 1,400 people is var working well, 1,400 people ffs that’s a pinhead of people that attend premier league games every week.

Source: you gov

Keep using, with changes 74%
Stop using entirely 15%
Keep using without changes8%
Don’t know 3%

This survey is not a true reflection of the match going fans.

My point is out of the 1,400 people are they match attending supporters
Just some random person in the street
We don’t know, but surely you can’t take this survey at face value

That's a shit survey anyway, keep with changes is massively broad, needs to be split into about 5 other options. (use only for pens, use for offsides etc etc)

The wide man crossed the ball which led to the goal. Less than 10 seconds, so definitely the same piece of play.
There is no gaining an advantage in offside if you get the ball - if he's off when the ball is played to him, he's off wherever he gets the ball.

As a random aside, the last bit means now that a freekick for offside can be given in your own half, if that's where the player becomes active - Aguero (I think) fell foul of this last season, as he was in an offside position (in the opponent's half) when a high clearance was made, and challenged for the ball inside the City half.

Yet VDV almost catches the ball in a recent game, kicks the ball forward and they score seconds after he handballed it, yet it was allowed as the offense took place too far back (less than 10 seconds). Double standards by VAR but what we all know, its being used to help certain teams.

Agree with the officials comment, Var also is the failing of Riley and his mob. The non Utd/Pool or any other PL supporting refs who are largely useless or corrupt on the pitch are the same cheats in charge of Var.

Yet VDV almost catches the ball in a recent game, kicks the ball forward and they score seconds after he handballed it, yet it was allowed as the offense took place too far back (less than 10 seconds). Double standards by VAR but what we all know, its being used to help certain teams.

Agree with the officials comment, Var also is the failing of Riley and his mob. The non Utd/Pool or any other PL supporting refs who are largely useless or corrupt on the pitch are the same cheats in charge of Var.

The handball law as it currently stands has that ambiguity of what happens in the situation you mention (a handball leading to a goal, and how far back it counts). Quite tricky to word it, I'd think.

I don't think I've seen the incident you describe, and don't remember it if I did see it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.