New York advice

Went to the Cirque du Soleil Christmas show at Madison Square Garden in December. Wife and I each ordered a double vodka & soda at the show.

The bartender made them and gave them to me and told me it would be 65 USD!!! I started laughing and he told me no, seriously it's $65, please.
Did you tip him?

If you like a nice walk then do the High Line. It is free! A former above ground freight rail track converted into an urban park / walkway with little snack bars and food places along the way. Will be hot in the city in June but it has entrance / exit points all along it.
It is on the mid west side of Manhattan.
https://www.thehighline.org/visit/

As someone else said take the free Staten Island ferry at night time to get great views of the city at night. Get off at Staten Island and come straight back! Around 35 mins each way. To get to the ferry get the subway to Battery Park

Last edited:
I’ve just got back on my chair!!
I'll try to recall the name of the bar but on a different trip my brother in law went to watch the Saturday football matches whilst our wives went to a day spa.

They had a "beat the clock" special from 9 a. m. until noon. If I recall, you could get a pitcher of beer for $3. Every hour the price went up a dollar until noon where they resumed full pricing. When our wives showed up around 1 p.m. we were leathered and they were not impressed by our argument that we actually made money by drinking so much because we wouldn't have to drink much the rest of the day.

Last edited:
It’s on my list. I’ve always wanted to go to New York City. As it’s so expensive then it’s a once in a lifetime thing. I’ll push the boat out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.