Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too old and past his peak, would bring far more negatives than positives for me. Plus it. Isn’t ever going to happen.

Obviously won’t happen but wouldn’t turn my nose up to watch one of the greatest players ever week in week out.Might be 33 but he would still be the best passer at the club, best touch(apart from Sterling), best vision, best finisher and best free kick taker.

Obviously won’t happen but wouldn’t turn my nose up to watch one of the greatest players ever week in week out.Might be 33 but he would still be the best passer at the club, best touch(apart from Sterling), best vision, best finisher and best free kick taker.
I don't like the idea of signing a player on what will be a steep decline.

Can he score from a corner though...?

2 years ago id agree, but he seems to be dropping off (which is understandable after 15 years at the absolute top) and what sticks in my mind was watching him in that game at liverpool last season where he absolutely went missing and looked a shadow of himself. Might be harsh judging him on that, but he looked nothing like his old self. Add into that we would probably have to pay him 6/700k a week for probably 3 years, then thats just not what i think we need.

2 years ago id agree, but he seems to be dropping off (which is understandable after 15 years at the absolute top) and what sticks in my mind was watching him in that game at liverpool last season where he absolutely went missing and looked a shadow of himself. Might be harsh judging him on that, but he looked nothing like his old self. Add into that we would probably have to pay him 6/700k a week for probably 3 years, then thats just not what i think we need.
If this season is him in decline, he's still having a better season than anyone here bar maybe KDB. And considering how they tore Liverpool apart the first game, you'd think the entire team could do something to stop them getting dicked 4-0. And if Dembele didn't fuck up that 1 on 1 (that Messi put on a plate for him), they'd be 4-0 up, high and dry.

If we paid him in shares, the rise in fans & share price would offset whatever we pay him, and it'd get around FFP too. Juventus similarly with Ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.