Cruises

Just get in from work mate and was just about to ask who's head is that? Anyway, I've got my crayons out and will do you proud.

I shaved my head for the meat-up so as not to make my compadriates in crime feel inadequate but the picture you see before you was achieved by three long months of growing using conditioner, volumetric volumizer and a well kept secret called Just For Men. Slightly thinning on top but no sausauge aboard knew my secret as they were all too embroiled with their own personas. A boat full of narcissists if you like : /

OOsdewu.png

I probably think the black was a little too overdone for my age group and would have been better with a few little grey areas here and there.

Last edited:
We've done a covered balcony, open balcony, inside and Oceanview. Open balcony would be my choice, but if you are prone to seasickness I would suggest a lower deck. Inside was surprisingly ok, but we were driven by price and availability on that one and to be honest we didn't spend too much time in it. Not being midships on any of them wasn't a bother for me.

I shaved my head for the meat-up so as not to make my compadriates in crime feel inadequate but the picture you see before you was achieved by three long months of growing using conditioner, volumetric volumizer and a well kept secret called Just For Men. Slightly thinning on top but no sausauge aboard knew my secret as they were all too embroiled with their own personas. A boat full of narcissists if you like : /

OOsdewu.png

I probably think the black was a little too overdone for my age group and would have been better with a few little grey areas here and there.

Looking good there Bob.

Which companies/sites have you gents used to find deals of that magnitude? Me and the Mrs are very tempted to take the plunge on our first cruise, but I'm quite frugal when it comes to travel.

Nothing planned for this year but I would eventually like to see the Norwegian fords

We're doing the Fjords this August out of Southampton on the Celebrity Silhouette in a Concierge Balcony cabin, comes with a few perks. Got a drinks package, $650 OBC and pre-paid gratuities. Also have a sailing at Easter to the ABC islands in the Caribbean, sailing out of Fort Lauderdale with similar
Next February doing a sailing I've always wanted to do, to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.
We always fly Virgin via Atlanta, although April has us returning via JFK as it worked out cheaper.

Which companies/sites have you gents used to find deals of that magnitude? Me and the Mrs are very tempted to take the plunge on our first cruise, but I'm quite frugal when it comes to travel.
Try William Sharp. Used to do cheap cruises, not sure if it is still cruising though,

We're doing the Fjords this August out of Southampton on the Celebrity Silhouette in a Concierge Balcony cabin, comes with a few perks. Got a drinks package, $650 OBC and pre-paid gratuities. Also have a sailing at Easter to the ABC islands in the Caribbean, sailing out of Fort Lauderdale with similar
Next February doing a sailing I've always wanted to do, to New Orleans for Mardi Gras.
We always fly Virgin via Atlanta, although April has us returning via JFK as it worked out cheaper.

Good to go Wes and that concierge cabin sounds pure brilliant. Fair winds and following seas.

I would put a currant through a bacon slicer to save money so sniff out them deals Dozzie and don't let them have you over for a fat lad. Its all about "getting the best bang for you bucks" as an Americano friend of mine once said and never a truer word spoken.

https://www.cruisenation.com/ is probably in my opinion the cheapest out there with excellent ratings for customer service and part of Hays travel but they will all haggle and try to beat prices. Found the deals to be best with around a few months prior to sailing but obviously do not expect the pick of the crop cabins.

https://www.cruise1st.co.uk has some excellent deals

https://www.Planetcruise.com can have some good cheapies too

https://www.cruise.co.uk is a great site for all the information you could ever glean with an excellent forum to boot but it's not as relaxed as it is on here and you cant swear or act the pan. But some of the regulars have been on there for donkeys years and really know there onions. Pick a cruise line or any individual ship and all the reviews and all the stats are there down to the tonnage and year of build. You can buy cruises off there as well but it's not necessarily the cheapest on offer but a good to go to place for the information all the same. I remember reading a blog of one of the chaps on there who was doing a return Atlantic crossing on Mary and the detail he espoused was nothing short of brilliant. Even gave out the barometer readings wind speed and shit and I will see if I can dig it out.

Last edited:
We've done 5 but jacked it in after the Butlin's-at-sea experience on the last one. Utter trash. P&O, which is middling for quality but the sailaway bullshit with little plastic union flags and looped patriotic music was a fucking disgrace. It was awful.

Fjords cruise I'd do again as those landscapes are beyond fantasy.

I preferred the Princess cruise despite it being crammed with gobby Americans. Better in every was though.

We've done 5 but jacked it in after the Butlin's-at-sea experience on the last one. Utter trash. P&O, which is middling for quality but the sailaway bullshit with little plastic union flags and looped patriotic music was a fucking disgrace. It was awful.

Fjords cruise I'd do again as those landscapes are beyond fantasy.

I preferred the Princess cruise despite it being crammed with gobby Americans. Better in every was though.

I believe it's been banned mate in early January. The Dambusters @the 10.30 was pure brilliant and the rendition of Brittannia rules the waves @12.15 signaled time to go and get dressed for dinner. welling up watching that : /

They flag wave at other ships at every port they leave and it does not go down well with of our European chums. Coloniolistic jingoest nonsense said our new friends Claude et Marie but at least you know what your getting but it wouldn't fluster us as we mix with all typos and the old adage of "all different" springs to mind.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7847075/British-holidaymakers-slam-P-O-Cruises.html

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.