New York advice

Take proof of age with you no matter what age you are if you are going to drink.
Sporting events especially.

Get out to Brooklyn and visit Williamsburg, in North Street, visit the Cheese Shop.

Then walk through McCarron Park and stroll through to Greenpoint. Loads of independent bars and hang outs.

Visit Pauli Gs pizzeria, order the chilli honey on the crusts and watch the world go by.

If you are in Chelsea, go to Papaya hotdog and get a chilli dog.

All the above is cheap and stuff people won't necessarily know about.

There is some excellent stuff to consider from many of you, huge thanks.
I really fancy the high level walk. One of Skyscraper visits will be a must along with a river cruise or the ferry.
Missing the Statue of Liberty seems to be a common theme in many reviews too.

Looked at taking in a show or 2 , but side swiping that at $200 a pop
Gutted that Billy Joel is on at MSG the day we arrive, we land at 16:40, show starts at 8, after a days travelling and then a mad rush, too much

There is some excellent stuff to consider from many of you, huge thanks.
I really fancy the high level walk. One of Skyscraper visits will be a must along with a river cruise or the ferry.
Missing the Statue of Liberty seems to be a common theme in many reviews too.

Looked at taking in a show or 2 , but side swiping that at $200 a pop
Gutted that Billy Joel is on at MSG the day we arrive, we land at 16:40, show starts at 8, after a days travelling and then a mad rush, too much

Don't book ahead for a show. There are kiosks that sell discounted unsold tickets the day of the show. You may not find tickets to exactly what you want but there will be good options available.

About $11 for a pint can of stella at the yankee stadium a few years ago. 2016 I think.
Yes, it’ll likely be a bit more now.

Last time I went to an NYCFC match it was a playoff game being hosted at Citi Field and a pint of decent IPA was $12.

Makes no difference mate, no id no beer, puritanical c@@@s
Yeah, it can be difficult. I'm sure they are worried about undercover sting jobs by the police and getting cited for not complying with the local i.d. ordinances.

If you think that's bad, I was in Boston about 20 years ago, at a Red Sox game. They'd only sell you beer if you had a Massachussetts or New Hampshire ID card. Luckily, I found a vendor that took pity on m . :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.