David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've been missing his leadership on the pitch in terms of knitting things together, taking the ball when we're under pressure and frankly the odd time he decides to kick someone.
We've been missing it when he's on the pitch too by the way, father time gets them all eventually. I really don't know how we'll replace him, I see Foden as more of a forward at the moment

Vinny was very rarely, if ever, out of the team based on poor form. We know he had his injury problems but he was a warrior and a born leader, on and off the pitch.

I love David but his form over the past 12 months has been patchy and I don’t believe you give the captaincy to someone who doesn’t deserve to be in the team. I wrote the following on here, in July after the Yokohama game:

“David looks to be struggling in pre-season, as he did for the last 3 months of the season. Making him captain could be a problem, because I think we will get 6 games into the season and people will be calling for him to be dropped.”

I don’t think I was a million miles away from the mark.
You werent the only one to question this decision very early on.....got dogs abuse for it on here due to the popularity of the player.
No room for sentiment in football....or you get left behind.
When Liverpool dominated the game in this country Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan were ruthless in replacing any ageing player whose form dipped below what was required from a very talented,but extremely hard working side.Thats why they remained dominant for so long.
And while we are on the subject,back in 1966,after the World Cup win,Sir Alf Ramsey was said to have been in conversation with a journalist at the post match ceromony..when hatrick hero Geoff Hurst walked past,on his way home,and said to Ramsey.."see you at the next match boss"

" If selected" was Ramseys reply...

Vinny was a proper captain though and the best leader we’ve ever had. When he was on the pitch there was no doubt who was in charge. Silva being captain out of respect for what he’s done and as a token gesture sums this season up. Not picking players on form, constant rotation and decisions on who takes penalties like it’s a bloody kids team. Meanwhile the scousers have been completely ruthless.
I don't think you can hold all that against him lol,we don't know what dave is like behind the scenes,i see him taking care of the youngsters and i'm sure they all respect and follow him as they chose him as the captain,vinny was a one off

I don't think you can hold all that against him lol,we don't know what dave is like behind the scenes,i see him taking care of the youngsters and i'm sure they all respect and follow him as they chose him as the captain,vinny was a one off
Lol

Vinny was a proper captain though and the best leader we’ve ever had.
In your lifetime perhaps, I've seen better leaders, and I've no problem with Vinny, or for that matter David Silva.

Leaders lead in different way's, Vinny didn't "lead" that much in his last 3 seasons, because he wasn't available to do so due to injury.

Also David only captains when he starts, which is less then 50% of the time, Fernandhino has been captain more, and he's definitely a leader, but KdB has done it, Sergio too, even Raheem once from memory.

In your lifetime perhaps, I've seen better leaders, and I've no problem with Vinny, or for that matter David Silva.

Leaders lead in different way's, Vinny didn't "lead" that much in his last 3 seasons, because he wasn't available to do so due to injury.

Also David only captains when he starts, which is less then 50% of the time, Fernandhino has been captain more, and he's definitely a leader, but KdB has done it, Sergio too, even Raheem once from memory.
I’d say Vinny most definitely led us through last season’s fabulous run-in.

Being injured shouldn’t detract from his brilliant captaincy when fit. Factually he’s the best City have ever had. Who is the best in your opinion though Cleavers?

What do you mean by factually exactly?

As for being the best skipper - couldn't disagree more, sorry

Captained us to the most trophies. Each to their own but baffled how you can say couldn’t disagree more. Everything about him was pure class and his influence was obvious.

Captained us to the most trophies. Each to their own but baffled how you can say couldn’t disagree more. Everything about him was pure class and his influence was obvious.
Because he was skipper for the silverware doesn't necessarily correlate to him being a good skipper. As you say, each to their own

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.