David Silva - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading now that Vinny wasn’t a great captain? This place has some strange opinons. I think enough former players have put on record how good a leader he was to put that to bed.

Also, there’s nothing sentimental about Dave being given the role this season. I’m sure there are posters who would put the blame on him for this seasons shortcomings, but again that would be nonsense. It’s neither here nor there in the grand scheme of things.

Well do enlighten us to how he was selected as I'm sure iirc Pep said he left it to the players to vote
Correct, so what were the wrong reasons in your opinion?
I’d have thought having the whole squad unanimously choosing him would be about as good an endorsement you could get.
Unless of course you’d rather have the old school, shouts a lot type.
The players look up to him, respect and admire him. That’s the type of captain I’d like.

I’d have thought having the whole squad unanimously choosing him would be about as good an endorsement you could get.
The players look up to him, respect and admire him. That’s the type of captain I’d like.
Easy option for the playe
Players took a very easy option with Silva as, imo it was done for sentiment rather than leadership ability. Was Vinnie a better skipper, I doubt anyone would say no, and he had the team playing to their max when things were tough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.