COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doctor in China has died of this virus. I thought the ones at most risk where the elderly and people who weren't in the best of health.

Something way more to this i swear.

on the contrary.
If it’s like Spanish flu it overwhelmed the healthiest and strongest. Those with the strongest constitutions died because their own immune systems killed them trying to stop the virus.

on the contrary.
If it’s like Spanish flu it overwhelmed the healthiest and strongest. Those with the strongest constitutions died because their own immune systems killed them trying to stop the virus.

Fact sheet on it. from 24th Jan.

https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736(20)30183-5

Most of that goes way over my head as its a medical journal and I dont have time to try to read it throughly and study up on it. but a few snippets I did spot.

"Findings By Jan 2, 2020, 41 admitted hospital patients had been identified as having laboratory-confirmed 2019-nCoV infection. Most of the infected patients were men (30 [73%] of 41); less than half had underlying diseases (13 [32%])"

and it seems to be hitting 25-49 more than other age groups.

gr1.jpg

web page of the PDF
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(20)30183-5/fulltext

Doctor in China has died of this virus. I thought the ones at most risk where the elderly and people who weren't in the best of health.

Something way more to this i swear.

i would not trust what any government official says about this virus including the UK government,the last thing they need is people panic buying and keeping away from work, independent doctors only i would take notice of and this doc in china who died attempts were made to shut him up. yes i think there is more to this than is being released,maybe its mutating now and turning deadly but i doubt we will be told the truth

Meanwhile a UK lab that investigates such viruses and where people actually know what they are talking about say it has not mutated at all.

Meanwhile a UK lab that investigates such viruses and where people actually know what they are talking about say it has not mutated at all.
Do you have a link to their findings or a summary of them, mate?

I am interested in how they are studying it, who is providing the samples (from China or elsewhere?), and what they are seeing.

Right now China is limiting information release, even certain bits that are crucial to properly combating transmission, so it is helpful to get any concrete information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.