League Cup final tickets

Return flight to Cologne £50
1 Night Hotel £40
Borussia Monchengladbach v Koln Match ticket £35

Return train to Wembley £60
1 night hotel £40
City v Villa Match ticket £56

Okay, I'm able to do both, but there's something not right when it's cheaper for a German game than a Wembley trip.

Spot on.

a few seasons ago - train to Germany, 2 nights in hotel, 3 matches, and a flight home for £10 more than what it would have cost me to go from just north of Ipswich to see us play at Arsenal on the Sunday afternoon of the same weekend.

Spot on.

a few seasons ago - train to Germany, 2 nights in hotel, 3 matches, and a flight home for £10 more than what it would have cost me to go from just north of Ipswich to see us play at Arsenal on the Sunday afternoon of the same weekend.

Football tourism does have a bigger cost to the planet though.

Wigan v Preston £20 tomorrow, same quality as Bunglesliga and transport costs are all free like they are to and from airports when people quote the costs of travel.

More the area around the stadium. They should have rebuilt it in the Midlands which is central for everyone but they have to go with the London bias. It takes us a minimum two hours plus to get there by train before adding on the tube journey, longer if you drive.

I stick by it is a shit location and area for a national stadium but it is what it is. It doesn't stop me from going but it would be nice to be able to comfortably get there and back on the day instead of paying for overpriced accommodation. Against Chelsea when it went to extra time people were leaving as they were worried about missing trains home. The authorities could help by having earlier kick off's but they won't.

It's a discussion board to discuss and get stuff off our chests, if there wasn't some discord or moaning it would just be a happy clapper board.

Agree about the times. Our shitty train service stopping at 9pm doesn’t help.

100% agreed. I love the League Cup and nobody will ever convince me its a "nothing" trophy. After the disappointment of the previous year's FA Cup defeat to Wigan, that victory over Sunderland in 2014 is one of my most cherished City memories - particularly after being a goal down at half-time. When YaYa scored that wonder goal early in the second half, quickly followed by Nasri's fantastic strike a minute or two later, I was bouncing up and down with complete strangers beside me. Not as good as Agueroooooo, of course, but brilliant all the same.

I will be there with my two sons on 1 March, no question, I love Wembley trips. As someone might have said, treat it like your first visit, because it might be your last.

The Nasri goal celebration on the top tier was one of my top 5 I think.

2 replays v Norwich 75/76 season with the second replay being at Stamford bridge,also 2 replays v Walsall 73/74 season with second being at OT.
Went to the game at Stamford Bridge .2 days after we played the rags.Cant remember playing Wallsall at the swamp but we did play Luton there on 2nd replay in some cup replay

Went to the game at Stamford Bridge .2 days after we played the rags.Cant remember playing Wallsall at the swamp but we did play Luton there on 2nd replay in some cup replay
100% Walsall I was at the game at the swamp,30th October 1973 won 4-0,13,646.

Also remember the weekend after the 6-1 win with Norwich going to Highbury and seeing us win 3-2,only time I ever saw us win at Highbury.
I was at that as well .as was in the Navy and based at Weymouth .Hitched to Manchester & back for the rags game .got there quicker than going by the train ha ha

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.