Flight delay advice

Southern

Supposed to fly out 1400 from Gatwick. Delayed due to delay with incoming flight

Now got a text:

Flight Number – TOM4760
Flight Date – 09/02/2020
Departure Airport – London Gatwick (LGW)
Arrival Airport – Malaga (AGP)

We would like to start by apologising for the disruption to your flight today. We know how unsettling it can be when an aircraft has to make a diversion, this was due to adverse weather conditions in London Gatwick (high winds).
We are currently arranging ground transportation to take you to East Midlands Airport (EMA), this will be coordinated by our ground handling agent at London Gatwick Airport.
As always, your safety is our first priority and unfortunately what happened today couldn’t be avoided. We are working around the clock to speed up the process but we fully appreciate the impact this has had on your journey. Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience.
A Travel Welfare card loaded to the value of £15 is available for you to collect from our ground handling agent. With this card you will be able to purchase refreshments in the terminal before you leave for East Midlands Airport.

Thank you for your patience,
Yours faithfully,
TUI Airways - Customer Operations Team

feeling really pissed off. What can I do? Get a refund - would that be possible given it’s due to weather and not Airline fault?

You won't be entitled to a refund. You'll have to put a case forward to the airline why you would be entilitled to EU261, but as you already said, its due to weather and out of the hands of the airline.

Extraordinary circumstances get out clause..I hope not. However check your own travel insurance to see what cover you as an individual actually purchased.

so you want compensation because its not safe to fly from your original airport,maybe they should of tried to land the aircraft in dangerous conditions putting the lives of others at risk just to keep you happy, FOR FUCKS SAKE.

I’m just moaning as anyone would feel annoyed if inconvenienced . Appreciate this is a ‘third world problem’ but honestly the way I feel right now I’d happily go back home for the week instead

wouldn’t even want a full refund

I find the best way to ensure the flight is delayed is to ring them up and tell them there's a bomb on the plane.

£15 refreshments card fucking hell that'll get u a glass of coke and a sandwich at most.

update

We would like to apologise; we are unable to issue the travel welfare vouchers before you depart London Gatwick. A welfare voucher will be issued once on-board the coach where you can purchase refreshments on arrival to East Midlands.

Thank you for your patience,
Your TUI Team

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.