Don’t Blame Fans For The Empty Seats

That was part of the answer to address this specific problem. There's a surprising number of tickets that aren't used for a significant number of games. And when I say they aren't used, they're not passed on to someone else or listed on Ticket Exchange. All clubs have the same problem, which is why they're starting to introduce these sorts of measures. Naturally there's some self-interest by the clubs. My SC costs £40 pro-rata but if I list it on the Exchange it could be sold for more. People get upset about this but it seems fair enough to me that if you listed your seat for every game and it sold, you'd get back exactly what you paid for the ticket. The other part of the argument is that the tickets could be owned by touts, who can make a profit on just a few games. If you've got a £325 ticket, that works out at £17 a game and you could make that back just charging £65 for the top games, with anything else as profit. I suspect that's a large part of the reason we get away fans in home areas.

PB - How would touts get their seasoncard back if selling to Joe Bloggs??? Or are they requesting paper tickets all the time? If that was the case, couldn't the club see those patterns and knock it on the head?

Back to prices l understand that the OSC have often been in discussion with the club (Danny Wilson?) but they get knocked back too with the reason/excuse that the club believe people should pay for the top quality product they 'buy'.
Perhaps a reduction this year then?
I've heard that too but my suspicion is that we're doing what the Glazers did, which is to squeeze prices until there starts to be an impact on demand, churn is up and they're struggling to sell the last few season tickets. We've not reached that point yet, not by a long chalk unfortunately. To me that's short-sighted though. If Pep goes and things turn to shit like at Arsenal & Spurs, you'll lose people quicker than you would if prices were more reasonable.

PB - How would touts get their seasoncard back if selling to Joe Bloggs??? Or are they requesting paper tickets all the time? If that was the case, couldn't the club see those patterns and knock it on the head?
You'd think so wouldn't you. Or they could scan them in and walk away with the ticket. Maybe one for me to check with the club but I suspect they're more focused on tickets not used at all. But I also think the club has a clearer picture of ticket abuse than it sometimes lets on.

The touts aren’t loaning out season cards and getting them back. They will arrange for paper tickets or e-tickets. They also buy spare paper tickets from groups who have no shows on match days. I notice this because I often have to go to the ticket office to pick up tickets. The Club do have security around the ticket office that makes it a bit more difficult for touts on match days.

Watching PSG v Lyon.

Paris has 1 football team, PSG.

The population of Paris is 10mill.

Plenty of empty seats visible at the Le Parc des Princes tonight.

Gone are the Days when a Match Ticket was bought with lose change.

These days a match Ticket costs the same price as a weekly Shop for poor people.

Socio-economic factors are to blame for empty seats.The Rags also have thousands of empty seats these days. Ordinary People simply can not justify the outlay every other week in today climate.

If you add a seemingly never ending expanding fixture list across the football spectrum + games that you can watch live on your phone + year on year increase in tickets prices you get a general malaise.

Don’t forget officially with most clubs you can no longer just go up to the ground minutes before kick off and buy a ticket at the turnstiles

all has to be done in advance

I was amazed Stockport county no longer sell tickets on the day at their gates. Has to be done digitally

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.