Investigation in Liverpool's 'hacking' of our computer systems

Theres only one problem with what you say ..

"I'd guess Liverpool insisted from the start that they knew nothing about it, that the employees acted on their own initiative "

Than why did liverpool promote all of them after they had done this ?
Any other company where an employee had cost the company to pay a million quid hush money would at least be demoted mostly likely sacked , but liverpool promoted all 3 of them !.......liverpool know what their employees where doing.......I guess !

To me this is the crux of the matter. LFC have promoted employees that have committed a criminal offence that even if they didn't know at the outset what they were doing they certainly did once City brought it to their attention and then paid £1M in some form of compensation

To me this is the crux of the matter. LFC have promoted employees that have committed a criminal offence that even if they didn't know at the outset what they were doing they certainly did once City brought it to their attention and then paid £1M in some form of compensation
And the Red Sox also hired a manager they must have known had been involved in a cheating scandal. Seems like Henry is somewhat of a hypocritical twat.

Even though we know they are bang to rights, their employees are innocent until proven guilty under the law, and if it doesn't go to court they will remain that way. I guess the dippers are just gambling that his will never go to court.

Thought it was £50m, £35m is the limit owners can cover losses

I thought so too originally but the only article I've found that puts a figure on it is linked below. Liverpool lost more than £35 million but they also offset presumably legitimate stadium development costs for Anfield against FFP at the same time.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/f...xpected-to-escape-fine-for-breaching-FFP.html

Edit. This article now freezes after a few seconds unless the reader registers with the Telegraph.

I thought NDAs could not be used to prevent reporting of criminal offences or not to report to regulatory bodies

I'd guess Liverpool insisted from the start that they knew nothing about it, that the employees acted on their own initiative and that was going to be their story come what may. City were then in the position of possibly having to prosecute a few ex-employees. We probably figured that there wasn't a good outcome for Manchester City whatever the verdict....Elephant crushes ant type headlines or Ex-City employees victorious. Unless City can prove this went high up the Liverpool chain of command, there's not much joy for us in a criminal case. Proving it would probably require one of the perpetrators to turn on his current employers. They've got a secure job with what they know, why throw it away or risk a midnight visit from a masked stranger (called Aldo).
If Liverpool insisted that they were unaware of their employees actions and threw them under the bus then surely those employees would blow the whistle on the club if the club did know what they were up to.

I sense the hatred of LFC starting to build already. The media are going to maintain their hold over the direction of the PL title but other fans are starting to get annoyed with the obvious bias of their reporting.

“I felt a great disturbance in the force”.

Obi Wan

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.