Milan Skriniar

never seen him in action.

but re set pieces, saw the Milan derby last night and on one corner Skriniar was defending Ibrahimovic, they stared at each other, then corner was taken and he just ghosted past him to score the goal, bizarre.

Schoolboy defending really.
Apparently he's having a mixed season, despite how well Inter are doing. Good in CL, so-so in the league. He'd cost an absolute bomb, and with so many key players to replace, I'd rather go for someone a bit cheaper.

Upamecano is primarily a left sided CB, though. Konaté might therefore be a better fit for us, if he finishes the season strongly after the injury. Both are great talents.
Get both and play a back 3. I think Upamecano would be fine on the right, it's the counter we're vulnerable on, so sides shouldn't come into it too much.

Apparently he's having a mixed season, despite how well Inter are doing. Good in CL, so-so in the league. He'd cost an absolute bomb, and with so many key players to replace, I'd rather go for someone a bit cheaper.

yea, he’s a talent but a big risk. I certainly don’t want us spending such money on another dud like we did on countless CBs.

either spend big money on Koulibaly who will for sure perform (single handedly dominated Liverpool on more than one occasion) or go take a risk on youth that will cost significantly less

Get both and play a back 3. I think Upamecano would be fine on the right, it's the counter we're vulnerable on, so sides shouldn't come into it too much.

Saw only the 2nd half in parts- the bayern game.

Do need a pacy backline though

They still have the 2nd best defence in the Bundesliga, with a third of their goals conceded coming in a bad spell of 3 games. Would be very happy with Laporte, Konate & Upamecano.

Can't say that I agree with that tweet, didn't seem like he watched the match against Bayern yesterday. Upamecano was the sole reason the match ended 0-0. He was really dominant in the backline, and could have done it even if he was as slow as Mertesacker. His physicality is a big bonus if he makes a misstake because it means can recover from it

yea, he’s a talent but a big risk. I certainly don’t want us spending such money on another dud like we did on countless CBs.

either spend big money on Koulibaly who will for sure perform (single handedly dominated Liverpool on more than one occasion) or go take a risk on youth that will cost significantly less

Koulibaly, all day. Need to get the best there is or we'll keep having the same issues at centre back. You get what you pay for, let's not waste £30-£40m on average then be pissed off when they make lots of errors. We need to nail this position once and for all like the bastard scousers did.

Koulibaly, all day. Need to get the best there is or we'll keep having the same issues at centre back. You get what you pay for, let's not waste £30-£40m on average then be pissed off when they make lots of errors. We need to nail this position once and for all like the bastard scousers did.
Agreed not sure on most the players mentioned.but im certain koulibaly is top notch so we have to try to sign him otherwise our defence wont get any better with sub standard defenders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.