Fixture problems ahead

JGL07

Team supported
Manchester City/Hibernian
The cancellation on Sunday means a real fixture crisis could be coming for City.

City already have two fixtures to fit in to a limited number of mid-week slots.

There are already two home matches against West Ham and Arsenal (EFL Cup weekend) to rearrange.

Should City beat Sheffield Wednesday or Chelsea beat Liverpool Reserves in the FA Cup, the away match at Chelsea can be added to the list. If City or Newcastle get through to the semi-final, the home match against them will also need a new date.

Unless City avail themselves for the free Saturday next week I can real problems in fitting these four fixtures in.

There are a couple of blank mid-week slots when City are not playing in the Champions League. assuming City are entitled to play then. Those are the 18/19 February and 10/11 March. Not that they will be able to play Arsenal on either dates as they will likely be in Europa League action.

If City continue to progress in the Champions League, the only other dates are 5/6 May and 12/13 May. Even if City are eliminated, should Chelsea and Arsenal stay in Europe that may preclude 7/8 April, 14/15 April and may even 28/29 April and 5/6 May for those two matches.

The whole PL has been sleepwalking through to a fixture crisis. The only action they have taken - the stupid mid-winter break - has made matters worse.

So will City be allowed to go beyond the official end of the PL season or will tthey end up playing Saturday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday for one week.

The cancellation on Sunday means a real fixture crisis could be coming for City.

City already have two fixtures to fit in to a limited number of mid-week slots.

There are already two home matches against West Ham and Arsenal (EFL Cup weekend) to rearrange.

Should City beat Sheffield Wednesday or Chelsea beat Liverpool Reserves in the FA Cup, the away match at Chelsea can be added to the list. If City or Newcastle get through to the semi-final, the home match against them will also need a new date.

Unless City avail themselves for the free Saturday next week I can real problems in fitting these four fixtures in.

There are a couple of blank mid-week slots when City are not playing in the Champions League. assuming City are entitled to play then. Those are the 18/19 February and 10/11 March. Not that they will be able to play Arsenal on either dates as they will likely be in Europa League action.

If City continue to progress in the Champions League, the only other dates are 5/6 May and 12/13 May. Even if City are eliminated, should Chelsea and Arsenal stay in Europe that may preclude 7/8 April, 14/15 April and may even 28/29 April and 5/6 May for those two matches.

The whole PL has been sleepwalking through to a fixture crisis. The only action they have taken - the stupid mid-winter break - has made matters worse.

So will City be allowed to go beyond the official end of the PL season or will tthey end up playing Saturday, Monday, Thursday, Sunday for one week.
Those dates are CL nights and I’m sure there is something that states no PL games on a CL night which rules those dates out.

Those dates are CL nights and I’m sure there is something that states no PL games on a CL night which rules those dates out.

We can play the CL nights although you need permission from UEFA and you also can’t play at the same time so KO would have to be 6pm at the latest.

I don’t think this is really an option but you never know :)

We can play the CL nights although you need permission from UEFA and you also can’t play at the same time so KO would have to be 6pm at the latest.

I don’t think this is really an option but you never know :)
Yeah it’s hard enough getting there for a 7:45 kick off without it being 6pm or something silly.

Don’t think that’s true anymore. There was an agreement but that expired in 2017 and I think all the European leagues can schedule any games, on any nights, at any time. They may choose not to, obviously, but they cannot be stopped by EUFA.

Should City beat Sheffield Wednesday or Chelsea beat Liverpool Reserves in the FA Cup, the away match at Chelsea can be added to the list.
Ah, balls. I booked a weekend in London for the family that weekend so me and the lad could go to the Chelsea game. Didn’t realise it was liable to change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.