HS2 - Cancel it now

It's needed to free up the tracks for more commuter trains. I think all the northern towns and cities are for it.
You don't hear much about the build costs for the Chunnel these days. That's been a success despite all the reservations at the time.

Spot on but fook me it's a dear do,

The Beijing–Shanghai high-speed railway (or Jinghu high-speed railway, from its name in Mandarin) is a high-speed railway 1,318 kilometres (819 mi) long that connects two major economic zones in the People's Republic of China

Construction work began on April 18, 2008. Track-laying was started on July 19, 2010, and completed on November 15, 2010.

Original estimated cost 21Billion final cost was 27 Billion.

The line opened 7 months after the track was laid.

The Beijing–Shanghai high-speed railway (or Jinghu high-speed railway, from its name in Mandarin) is a high-speed railway 1,318 kilometres (819 mi) long that connects two major economic zones in the People's Republic of China

Construction work began on April 18, 2008. Track-laying was started on July 19, 2010, and completed on November 15, 2010.

Original estimated cost 21Billion final cost was 27 Billion.

The line opened 7 months after the track was laid.
The beauty of nationalised industries!!

The beauty of nationalised industries!!

more like the ‘beauty’ of The government owning everything,

“your house/factory is into the way”

here we have to go through loads of processes to get that land bought ( rightly so in my view ), which is costly and time consuming.

In China, they basically send in the police and bulldozers and force everyone out of the way.

more like the ‘beauty’ of The government owning everything,

“your house/factory is into the way”

here we have to go through loads of processes to get that land bought ( rightly so in my view ), which is costly and time consuming.

In China, they basically send in the police and bulldozers and force everyone out of the way.

I listed china, as the most recent but other infrastructure projects world wide have been complete cheaper and quicker than it takes us to build anything.
And with the same levels of Health and saftey and planning laws.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.