Deal agreed with Bayern Munich for Leroy Sane - €60m (including add-ons)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is telling me that Bayern wont be getting Leroy on the cheap.
They will or another club will the longer he does not sign, he holds all the aces.

If he sits tight for another year he leaves for free and will hit the jackpot.

Maybe he is waiting until the summer and see if Pep is staying, still not 100% convinced he is myself.

We should be looking for a replacement for Leroy. This is whether he goes or stays. I am still not sure about Mahrez, he blows hot and cold a lot of the time. If Leroy wants to go to Bayern. Then they will have to offer players in exchange, e.g any 2 of the following Joshua Kimmich, Niklas Sulle, Robert Lewandowski, Leon Goretzka. However we will take 1 of those players plus a larger transfer fee.

We should be looking for a replacement for Leroy. This is whether he goes or stays. I am still not sure about Mahrez, he blows hot and cold a lot of the time. If Leroy wants to go to Bayern. Then they will have to offer players in exchange, e.g any 2 of the following Joshua Kimmich, Niklas Sulle, Robert Lewandowski, Leon Goretzka. However we will take 1 of those players plus a larger transfer fee.
ok boss

Actually Leroy can't sign a new City contract, from a financial view.

Still on about 65k he lost 2 years of higher wages come summer. 104 weeks, let's say 100k each of lost income, so about 10 million.
As City insist on a healthy wage structure, Leroy won't be able to compensate for those 'losses' if he stays.
He needs a transfer for insane wages and/or a signing-on fee in his pocket.

City on the other hand can't afford to let him go on a free and sign a new ready winger for a fortune or 2 without incoming money.

Keeping Leroy healthy and fit til summer (EURO 2020?) is a must for City, or any transfer negotiations will be a pain in our arse.

Actually Leroy can't sign a new City contract, from a financial view.

Still on about 65k he lost 2 years of higher wages come summer. 104 weeks, let's say 100k each of lost income, so about 10 million.
As City insist on a healthy wage structure, Leroy won't be able to compensate for those 'losses' if he stays.
He needs a transfer for insane wages and/or a signing-on fee in his pocket.

City on the other hand can't afford to let him go on a free and sign a new ready winger for a fortune or 2 without incoming money.

Keeping Leroy healthy and fit til summer (EURO 2020?) is a must for City, or any transfer negotiations will be a pain in our arse.

We could always back date the contract offer to the date it was offered?

Wage structure intact and Sane gets his lump sum he lost by not signing originally.

It's odd that he didn't commit to that contract when he was a first team regular.

I wonder why

Money?
Already had his head turned by Bayern back then? Missing out on the World Cup in 2018 play it's part?

It's odd that he didn't commit to that contract when he was a first team regular.

I wonder why

Money?
Already had his head turned by Bayern back then? Missing out on the World Cup in 2018 play it's part?

Low helped Bayern by criticising the player in the press (despite him having an excellent second season at City with us winning a couple of trophies) and then omitting him from Germany's World Cup squad.

Low helped Bayern by criticising the player in the press (despite him having an excellent second season at City with us winning a couple of trophies) and then omitting him from Germany's World Cup squad.

Yep, I'm starting to believe that he lost his starting berth because of his reluctance to commit rather than there being anything amiss with his performance.

Had previously thought he entertained Bayerns advances because he lost his starting berth

With Sané probably gone what about Coutinho as a replacement? I wrote this in the transfer forum but would like your guys take on it as well

My thoughts (long post):
People are probably sharpening their pitchfork's as I type this comment, but I definitely think we should consider him as a Sané replacement. Neither Barca or Bayern has played to his strength's, so I reckon the world class player is still there

Pro's
1. He'd be very versatile in our system. Either of the left sided positions (offensive mid and inside forward) would suit his playstyle like a glove

2. Getting him would mean that we finally can put Sterling on the right again. Everyone and their Granny knows when he's gonna cut in, which has forced him to use his left foot

3. When he scores every Liverpool fans would probably feel like forking out their fucking eyeballs

Con's
1. If he plays LW the left side of our team would consist of fucking turtles. Neither Mendy, Foden or Coutinho are known for their pace.

2. If he plays offensive mid he'll take Foden's place

The problem with a Sané replacement is that his position is practically extinct at the top level which means that a. We have to get someone with another playstyle like Coutinho or b. Convert an left footed inside winger to a left wing like we did with Sané

Oh, and before anyone says Leon Bailey, he'll never be NEAR city quality. Stagnated for years and wildly inconsistent which means he's glued to the Leverkusen bench. Pep would probably play himself or Gundogan at left wing before Bailey

Tl;dr: Coutinho is a good and versatile fit for us. Sterling would move to the right, but left side might be too slow with Coutinho as a winger. Him as an 8 might decrease Foden's minutes. No real Sané replacement on the market because every left footed winger plays on the right, so we'll have to settle for a different player type or convert a right winger like we did with Sané. Bailey is a similar player but is wank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.