Players who might improve us

Konaté is arguably an even better fit. I'd be happy with either one of them, though.
Konate was playing great when Upamecano was playing crap then when Upamecano started playing well Konate started playing crap? perhaps the two can not play together?

Konaté is arguably an even better fit. I'd be happy with either one of them, though.
I feel like Upamecano is better technically and faster than Konate. But Konate is more physical and stronger in the air. Although Konate is still very technical and fast, and Upamecano is great in the air and physical as well. There's not much in it.

Konate is probably a better defender but I feel like Upamecano would be a better buy. Upamecano has shown that he can play both LCB and RCB. He has a short contract which means we can negotiate his price easier. He's also a bit more aggressive (definitely not Otamendi levels don't worry), which would suit us with Laporte/Stones/Garcia being more methodical and calm defenders. Cb partnerships with one calmer and one more aggressive usually works the best

If we do replace Merlin, I'd love us to go for Hakim Ziyech at Ajax, top drawer attacking midfielder. Think we will stick with what we've got though in that position.

I feel like Upamecano is better technically and faster than Konate. But Konate is more physical and stronger in the air. Although Konate is still very technical and fast, and Upamecano is great in the air and physical as well. There's not much in it.

Konate is probably a better defender but I feel like Upamecano would be a better buy. Upamecano has shown that he can play both LCB and RCB. He has a short contract which means we can negotiate his price easier. He's also a bit more aggressive (definitely not Otamendi levels don't worry), which would suit us with Laporte/Stones/Garcia being more methodical and calm defenders. Cb partnerships with one calmer and one more aggressive usually works the best
Thought Upamecano looked an absolute unit, is Konate stronger than him?

Luiz Felipe - 22 years old - Lazio

Brazilian CB, plays right side of a back 3 for Lazio which could help allow us to experiment with a back 3 should we want to.

A quick, intelligent and composed defender who is good on the ball. Think he'd work well with Laporte

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.