Anyone done a full season watching the mighty blues

Yes back to back, from when I left school in 1989. Going every game in the old second division was my favourite time, weird aren’t we lol.
Total respect for that mate ;), i did most of games in the old 2nd div, like you say mental times!! we were shit but it was amazing going away with city in them days just taking over grounds :)

In the days of reasonable cricket talent I used to miss the occasional game when the seasons overlapped, depending on the importance.
For example, in 87-88 I attended every fixture, apart from the first and last (56 out of 58 from memory)

More than 1400 in total, but my only 100% was 00-01

I had a run from 2001 to 2008 broken by Sterymur as there was no guaranteed way of getting there and back for less than the TC £995. The £400 flight only wasn't cheap and if the pilot didn't think it safe to land or even take off in the first place your money was not refunded,

With so many european aways now it isn't worth the time or money, although most away prices are less than they were 15 years ago in this country, shame about the home ones.

Wow 22 years!! Thought I was doing well with my best season, 80/81 - 39 league and all 15 cup games. Just missed Sunderland away for a reason I don’t recall, Boro away (no-one fancied going mid-week) and Norwich away (arrived 5 mins late for the special at Piccadilly after a heavy night out) gutted! Only Paul Power beat me for appearances that season, I was level with Kevin Reeves though but suspect some of you could better me given the figures on here!

In the days of reasonable cricket talent I used to miss the occasional game when the seasons overlapped, depending on the importance.
For example, in 87-88 I attended every fixture, apart from the first and last (56 out of 58 from memory)

More than 1400 in total, but my only 100% was 00-01
87-88 played 58 you are correct and a bigger anorak than me
Aged 17/18 I saw 52 missed 4 night games Bournemouth (re-arranged) Sheffield Utd, Bradford (first away win in years) & Hull
Plymouth and Borough were Saturdays

centurions season missed Shaktah dead rubber and Wigan in the cup as I was in Lanzarote

Did 43 of the 46 league games in 98/99, only missed Wrexham, Chesterfield and Northampton away I think, did the domestic cup games and playoffs too, (Mansfield excepted!).

A mate of mind who is notorious for being late to everything averages getting in around 10+ mins in to every game. He will leave his local late and insists on getting a pint in before kick of - typically still in M'Ds at kick off with half a pint to finish. Also heads to the bar at around 38mins on the dot to avoid half time ques and gets 2 pints in getting back to his seat 5 mins into the second half. Never leaves early though.
I once left at midnight on Friday for a 3:00pm kick off at Chelsea and still managed to miss the kickoff.

It was the usual routine with the Paddy McGhee coach. It would leave Piccadilly Gardens at midnight, sometimes earlier at around 11:00pm from the City Social Club. It would then drive quite slowly to London/Bristol/Southampton/etc arriving at 7:00am. It was out for breakfast then into a pub before the match. Unfortunately we got drinking with a group of Fulham supporters and time slipped by and were late leaving the pub.

After the match we would usually be taken into London to Hyde Park Corner. A curry and a nights drinking before leaving for home at midnight. We would arrive early Sunday morning and get off the coach at Parr’s Wood and walk back to Cheadle Hulme as there were no buses at that time.

Mad times!

Done the full season a few times and loved every minute of it. That said, there’s also been a number of years when I only managed 4 or 5 games all season. For all the ups and downs, this is our greatest time as Blues IMHO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.