Police aggression towards football fans

We had this after the derby at ot with a big fat bearded copper rugby tacking a little kid. Don't know if he was red or blue but it was an assault on the lad. We went for the copper telling him to get off him and all we got was aggression.

I hope you have reported it with the video to the correct authority then.

Seen far too much of this behaviour over the years, but that can never be justified, even though we don't see what actually transpired before that.

Doesn't really matter what transpired beforehand. There are very few things that would warrant that happening, and a tear up at football match isn't one of them.

Doesn't really matter what transpired beforehand. There are very few things that would warrant that happening, and a tear up at football match isn't one of them.
Well if the lad had a knife and was about to stab someone it would be justified would it not? I'm not saying he did by the way (although that's not going to stop the knee jerk reactions on here) so it really does matter what transpired beforehand.

Considering everybody seemed to videoing it surely there must be some footage of what went on?

Well if the lad had a knife and was about to stab someone it would be justified would it not? I'm not saying he did by the way (although that's not going to stop the knee jerk reactions on here) so it really does matter what transpired beforehand.

Considering everybody seemed to videoing it surely there must be some footage of what went on?
If the lad had a knife hitting his arm, wrist or hand would be justified.

I did say very few things. If he was about to stab someone, then yes could probably justify it as saving life. However he clearly isn't about to stab someone so that justification has gone. As other poster said, aim for arm, hand wrist, or tell him to drop knife and get on floor if has one.

Obviously somethings happened beforehand, but as an officer you still have to act professional even in the face of provocation, and that on that evidence didn't look very professional.

It has already been sent to the IOPC
Good I hope he's kicked out and prosecuted, if any member of the public attacked another like that it would be GBH, sorry if you felt I was getting on your case, I wasn't, I just don't like seeing people behave that way when in a supposed position of "protect life".

That was pure "oh football supporter = deserves it", its a disgraceful attitude that I've witnessed far too often, here and abroad, the best policing of football fans I've witnessed is in Germany, and over several decades, for the most part they always try to calm things down, but if it doesn't they will eventually go in hard, but generally they control it well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.