TV Series

Finished The Witcher last night and it was good, but for from great. However I do feel like series two could be much better as hopefully the time lines have come together and it’s now come together, though very very last minute.

Currently mid-way through series 3 of The Leftovers. Every few episodes I think I'm ready to call it off for being a bit confined as well as supremely gruelling and depressing...only to give it one more episode... I've ended up almost obsessed with it, not the plot, but the characters, performances and themes. A very impressive show that undergoes noticable changes in setting, emphasis, presentation... takes a bunch of chances, left turns, constantly threatening to totally overwhelm the viewer, then seeming to ease off, only to come back fresher and harder with another way of exploring the universal theme of the inescapable and desperate cost of being a human in an unfeeling universe that deals out loss and abandonment like it's nothing. Last nights was possibly the best I've seen so far, suddenly shifting to a wonderfully realised Australian outback setting following Roy Schieder, who is simply as good as it gets on any screen anywhere, only for Lindsay Duncan to pop up as a Guest star at the last minute and turn in a show stealing appearace.

Currently mid-way through series 3 of The Leftovers. Every few episodes I think I'm ready to call it off for being a bit confined as well as supremely gruelling and depressing...only to give it one more episode... I've ended up almost obsessed with it, not the plot, but the characters, performances and themes. A very impressive show that undergoes noticable changes in setting, emphasis, presentation... takes a bunch of chances, left turns, constantly threatening to totally overwhelm the viewer, then seeming to ease off, only to come back fresher and harder with another way of exploring the universal theme of the inescapable and desperate cost of being a human in an unfeeling universe that deals out loss and abandonment like it's nothing. Last nights was possibly the best I've seen so far, suddenly shifting to a wonderfully realised Australian outback setting following Roy Schieder, who is simply as good as it gets on any screen anywhere, only for Lindsay Duncan to pop up as a Guest star at the last minute and turn in a show stealing appearace.

I loved all 3 seasons of the leftovers.

Towards the end, I can recall being in tears for unknown reasons! But yes, like you I was ready to bin it each week, but always came back for more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.