West Ham game rearranged for Wed 19th Feb, 7.30pm ko

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember who it was now
Not sure if I’m thinking of the same game, but we played stoke the night Barcelona won 6-0 (or there abouts), in an amazing comeback match. I was watching us in a most unthrilling 0-0 draw at home! Don’t know if our game was on tv. Bet nobody watched it!

Not sure if I’m thinking of the same game, but we played stoke the night Barcelona won 6-0 (or there abouts), in an amazing comeback match. I was watching us in a most unthrilling 0-0 draw at home! Don’t know if our game was on tv. Bet nobody watched it!

correct! we played PL 8th March 2017 0-0 with Stoke City. Don’t think it was televised. 8pm KO.

The match at the Etihad Stadium, which was originally scheduled for March 11, was played three days earlier with an 8pm kick-off due to City's FA Cup progress.

City beat Huddersfield 5-1 in a fifth-round replay on Wednesday and then played at Middlesbrough in the quarter-finals on March 11.

We were in the last 16 and had Monaco 6-6 agg played on 21st feb and 15th March.

The 8th March was a champions league night and barca won 6-1 on the night over PSG after they won the first leg 4-0 for (6-5agg). Unreal game!

dortmund also played Benfica that night 4-0.

Not a bad outcome. Could have been worse.

I would be inclined to play a full strength team v West Ham and a squad/rotation team against Leicester. The West Ham match should be the starting line-up and formation he intends playing v Madrid.

We need our players fully prepared (and appropriately rested) for the RM match.

Playing them all against Leicester then travelling to Madrid and playing a few days later is not ideal.

I would be inclined to play a full strength team v West Ham and a squad/rotation team against Leicester. The West Ham match should be the starting line-up and formation he intends playing v Madrid.

Playing them all against Leicester then travelling to Madrid and playing a few days later is not ideal.
I’m not sure it’s possible to rehearse the tactics and formation for an away game against RM by deploying them in a home game against West Ham. West Ham just will not approach the game in the same way as RM. We might play without a recognised striker against RM, the system that worked so well at united. That just wouldn’t work against West Ham, but might at Leicester. I’m sure there will be some rotation between the Leicester and RM games, but don’t see the West Ham game as providing any sort of meaningful preparation for Madrid, other than to give Laporte and Mendy a run out.

and potentially allow Leicester to go above us? Or at least gain on us? Not a chance

Am I the only one hoping for another weather related postponement?

Hilarious on here on Sunday.

Marvins meltdown 2.0 will be a sight to behold.

Full strength for this please and ring the changes at Leicester.

For West Ham;
Ederson
Walker Fernandinho Laporte Mendy
De Bruyne Rodri Bernardo
Mahrez Aguero Jesus

For Leicester;
Ederson
Stones Otamendi Garcia
Cancelo Silva Gundogan Foden Zinchenko
Mahrez Jesus

Last edited:
Date change makes sense - but I cant make it and neither can most of the group I go with - just cant change work arrangements at that sort of notice. But certainly not hoping for another cancellation in the hope it suits our diaries - because I hope we also have the rearrange Chelsea and Newcastle matches as well on our way to another unrecognised quadruple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.