fast fashion V quality items

frimpongs_buzzin

What do people prefer, to follow the trends as they happen shopping at cheaper companies or stick to timeless clothing that costs more but will last long?

I'd love to be in a position financially where I could buy really high quality items, but I always have to buy when I need to replace something, which seems to be usually down to the quality being poor! caught in a trap.

I've started shopping at Uniqlo recently which seems to have given me a reprieve from the hamster wheel as its cheap but the products actually seem decent.

Can anyone suggest any other brands that are affordable and genuinely quality?

What do people prefer, to follow the trends as they happen shopping at cheaper companies or stick to timeless clothing that costs more but will last long?

I'd love to be in a position financially where I could buy really high quality items, but I always have to buy when I need to replace something, which seems to be usually down to the quality being poor! caught in a trap.

I've started shopping at Uniqlo recently which seems to have given me a reprieve from the hamster wheel as its cheap but the products actually seem decent.

Can anyone suggest any other brands that are affordable and genuinely quality?

I like Uniqlo and will happily buy unbranded stuff from wherever.

But I do tend to stick to better brands when it comes to things like Jeans and my waterproof jacket was a £250+ goretex affair - i plan on using that for at least 10 years. I buy quality where it counts.

I've started trying to buy less but better quality, particularly on jeans, and you really notice the difference. Levis are lasting much longer, feel better, and don't need washing as often (for example). I think you can pick up stuff on depop and in the sales and it's not that much more than Primark.

Oxfam, Cancer Research, Dr Barnados and, my personal favourite, St Annes Hospice, to name but a few.
They have branches all over Gt Manchester, sell all the major brands and at a decent price.
Take your own carrier bag.

Always stick to classics and very rarely, if ever, wear any new trends.

For my casual wear:

Fred Perry, Lacoste, Norse Projects and Pretty Green polos and t-shirts. Got loads of ‘em.
Stone Island and Saint James jumpers and knitwear.
Levi’s 501 (if I wear boots) and Levi’s 502 (if I wear trainers).
Got a collection of 18 pairs of adidas trainers, two pairs of Clarke’s desert boots and two pairs of Red Wing boots.

Coats (got a wardrobe full of them):

Gloverall duffle coat
Baracuta Harrington jacket
Pretty Green parka
CP Company overshirt
(want a Norse Projects Rokkvi but can’t afford one)

Smart wear:

Grey wool trousers
Very dark green wool trousers
A white button down Oxford shirt
Tweed blazer
Blue blazer
Brown brogues

If any ever get worn out I tend to buy the same things to replace them. Maybe not the exact same item but the same gist. Can’t go wrong then. Everything goes with everything else so can mix and match, I look after everything and never wear the same things too often so they last ages.

I've started trying to buy less but better quality, particularly on jeans, and you really notice the difference. Levis are lasting much longer, feel better, and don't need washing as often (for example). I think you can pick up stuff on depop and in the sales and it's not that much more than Primark.
You can find very high quality, barely used items in the consignment and charity shops if you know what to look for, as well — it really is amazing what people give away.
Always stick to classics and very rarely, if ever, wear any new trends.

For my casual wear:

Fred Perry, Lacoste, Norse Projects and Pretty Green polos and t-shirts. Got loads of ‘em.
Stone Island and Saint James jumpers and knitwear.
Levi’s 501 (if I wear boots) and Levi’s 502 (if I wear trainers).
Got a collection of 18 pairs of adidas trainers, two pairs of Clarke’s desert boots and two pairs of Red Wing boots.

Coats (got a wardrobe full of them):

Gloverall duffle coat
Baracuta Harrington jacket
Pretty Green parka
CP Company overshirt
(want a Norse Projects Rokkvi but can’t afford one)

Smart wear:

Grey wool trousers
Very dark green wool trousers
A white button down Oxford shirt
Tweed blazer
Blue blazer
Brown brogues

If any ever get worn out I tend to buy the same things to replace them. Maybe not the exact same item but the same gist. Can’t go wrong then. Everything goes with everything else so can mix and match, I look after everything and never wear the same things too often so they last ages.
I’ve definitely entered the period of life where most (if not near all) purchases of new clothing is just to replace something that has worn out beyond wear with the exact same (or closest possible version) article. I also will almost exclusive buy higher quality, more expensive, more “traditional” items that will last much longer.

And my general collection is shrinking as I shed the more “trendy” articles of clothing that I don’t want to replace.

That’s not to say I don’t try to dress stylishly — there are ways to wear more “traditional” items that make it seem more in keeping with trends. That’s exactly why I think it is a better strategy than constantly jumping on whatever the new fad happens to be that month.

It’s mainly for Adidas trainers, but I can recommend the facebook group “Man Savings” for anyone looking to save a bob or two on clothes/shoes. If there’s a sale or discount code you need to know about, it will be on there. It was especially useful in the sales after Christmas. Got some great deals.

It’s mainly for Adidas trainers, but I can recommend the facebook group “Man Savings” for anyone looking to save a bob or two on clothes/shoes. If there’s a sale or discount code you need to know about, it will be on there. It was especially useful in the sales after Christmas. Got some great deals.
Not on Facebook but I’ll have a look for a website if they have one, cheers

The problem I find is that often the more expensive stuff doesn't actually last any longer, you're just paying for the design. So then you've ended up spending loads of something only to find it still loses its shape or colour after a few months of washing.

I do like Uniqlo though. They seem to be a bit better than your average high street brand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.