John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
sell him get grealish prob solved. Keeps the English quota balanced
There's no such thing, it's either club trained, association trained or free (dependant on competition).

Edit: and of course we don't have to submit a full squad as players like Garcia are classed as youth players.

Deal expires in 2022 apparently.

Keep him next season as 4th choice, give him another chance, anyway doubt any club would even pay £20m for him now.

Then next summer sell him, we should be able to recoup at least £10m. At least he’s English, so he’ll be worth something due to homegrown quota.

Stones had a lot of potential and I believed in him but that belief is long gone.

Simply put he’s Soft, in position where soft is the last thing you should be. Weak mentally.

Deal expires in 2022 apparently.

Keep him next season as 4th choice, give him another chance, anyway doubt any club would even pay £20m for him now.

Then next summer sell him, we should be able to recoup at least £10m. At least he’s English, so he’ll be worth something due to homegrown quota.

Stones had a lot of potential and I believed in him but that belief is long gone.

Simply put he’s Soft, in position where soft is the last thing you should be. Weak mentally.
I think we will keep him for a long time yet. He's a great rotational option and could thrive under different management.

I think we will keep him for a long time yet. He's a great rotational option and could thrive under different management.

Not sure how he becomes a rotational option when he serves up performances like he did against Palace ? And Pep I’d think is his ideal manager - playing to his ball playing strengths. When we’ve got Fat Sam at the helm Stones will be completely exposed as the sort of player that gets bullied by physical opponents.

Not sure how he becomes a rotational option when he serves up performances like he did against Palace ? And Pep I’d think is his ideal manager - playing to his ball playing strengths. When we’ve got Fat Sam at the helm Stones will be completely exposed as the sort of player that gets bullied by physical opponents.
Laporte plus another as first choice, Fernandino third with Stones and Garcia playing in most of the cup games etc - he's home grown, doesn't moan about being on the bench and is actually a decent footballer who makes some mistakes - we aren't going to get 4 CBs as good as Kompany with 2 of them happy to sit on the bench every week.

lol nice try with the different management bit

he can be a great rotational option against lower league sides in the cups yes

Laporte plus another as first choice, Fernandino third with Stones and Garcia playing in most of the cup games etc - he's home grown, doesn't moan about being on the bench and is actually a decent footballer who makes some mistakes - we aren't going to get 4 CBs as good as Kompany with 2 of them happy to sit on the bench every week.
I thought you were joking after your first post, but you were being serious. He's a crock so not a reliable person to step in. He's also under one of the few manages who would rate him above championship level.

His failings at Everton were there for all to see, we still bought him.
Exactly so slagging him off is doing nothing but pulling City down, the correct way is to buy better and push him down the pecking order, failing to replace Kompany was a big mistake as Stones`s only fault this season is his injury record, as he has made less mistakes that the other experienced CB`s, his injury record though is a big failure in a position that relies on reliability

We can’t afford to have ferdy in defence next season as him not being n midfield has cost us big time just as much . I don’t know if Rodri is our answer in midfield time will tell on that one and as for stones he would be out of the door in summer Ashe is nowhere good enough for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.