#17 | Kevin De Bruyne - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Maybe I am playing my best football, but it’s so difficult to say. It depends how you look at football. If you look at my football in general, as a complete player, I probably am..."

“But some people like more the purity of football, some people like the statistics. It doesn’t matter. I feel good, I feel I can help my team and that’s about it.”

“I still have a lot of energy and I think it’s important for the way we play. We play pressing and if I give the example the team will follow. That’s the only thing I believe. Now I’m one of the older players and have to set the example..."

"The way you play on the pitch shows what the intentions are. Everyone makes mistakes, nobody is perfect, but I always try to do the things I need to do. I know the young guys will follow..."

“It’s the right way to show yourself as a professional and help the team, push them as winners. If you want to play for a team like City, you want to win. I was worse when I was younger, always wanted to win. You think more after the game.”

“I don’t think anything is different from last year [in our desire]. We know where we are in the league, work hard and try to win. We've lost games, lost points, but we take it how it is and that’s because the other teams are good – that’s it.”

“People talk about what happened 30-40 years ago, but what we do now is a good thing - the only thing we can do as players. It'd be nice if people talk about how special this team was, but, at the moment when you play, you don’t care..."

“You want to be remembered as something good later, but yeah, what's that? For everyone that’s different. There are seven billion people and if someone likes you for your attitude, your skills, for the way you work, it doesn’t matter..."

“What do I want to be remembered for? Winning, love for the game, my family. It’s not pressure, but you want to do well for those around you, make yourself a better person, a better example to the world and better for your kids and family

“I feel comfortable here because I’m happy. I play at one of the best teams in the world, one of the best leagues in the world and my family is settled, kids are happy. It makes it more comfortable..."

“If one of these things wasn’t in place it would give you stress, but I don’t have that stress at the moment. I feel relaxed and feel I can focus on what I need to do to be ready.” [via @Sport360]

Expecting a world class performance from him against Madrid. Has to step up when it counts. Like he did against PSG in 2016.

Has Aguero ever had a big standout game in CL knockout game?

Back in Madrid, he's in dangerous form, I think we'll give him chances.

Has Aguero ever had a big standout game in CL knockout game?

Back in Madrid, he's in dangerous form, I think we'll give him chances.
Played well against Monaco in the 2017 R16 first leg and against Schalke in both of the 2019 R16 legs.

In retrospect, his performance against Spurs in the QF second leg last year was fairly good, as well.

Though, I think perhaps only the second leg at Schalke could be classed as “stand out”, if you could say that about an individual performance in a 7-nil battering. Sane probably deserves the top ranking in the match in that regard, but Aguero did get us going and contributed quite a lot to the victory.

I don’t think he has been quite as bad in the CL knockout rounds as many think — though, this is a discussion for the Aguero thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.