The Arndale Centre

W W

worsleyweb

Walked through it today and is slowly turning into stretford Armadale. I also see that the share price of Intu who own it is now at an all time low. Valued at just 164 million.

I thinks its demise could be a once in a generation opportunity for Manchester to demolish it and rebuild and form new streets at the heart of the city centre.

Does anyone else think it is coming to its natural end and we can finally rid the city of this monstrosity for good?

Ironically the Stretford mall is having a bit of a regeneration, the food hall is excellent and it’s just been bought by brunt wood.

Walked through it today and is slowly turning into stretford Armadale. I also see that the share price of Intu who own it is now at an all time low. Valued at just 164 million.

I thinks its demise could be a once in a generation opportunity for Manchester to demolish it and rebuild and form new streets at the heart of the city centre.

Does anyone else think it is coming to its natural end and we can finally rid the city of this monstrosity for good?
One can dream.

When I see pictures of what was once there I feel angry. This could have been built on the outskirts. We would have had our own Shambles centred around pubs like the demolished Boars Head. Such a shame this oversized toilet was built.

I worked on the air conditioning design a long time ago.

Malls, in general, have been struggling due to the people who normally shop there have not been participating in any significant economic largesse.

New streets in the heart of the city...yea! More doorways for the homeless! Seriously, though, they could do a lot worse than tearing it down and turning it into a more organic walking area, but that would GREATLY reduce the retail, and thus tax, revenues. The Arndale is a two story retail centre, not a low density outer walking mall. Then again, if you build a large housing project on top of it, it might make up some of the tax base.

I doubt the City Council reaping the tax dollars thinks so, or the vendors who make a decent profit think so, but maybe one day it will get so bad that only kids with no serious coin to spend are wandering around and no one is making any coin. Until then, it may be in slow decline, but no one spends serious redevelopment dollars until they see significantly MORE dollars on the other side of the pain.

When I see pictures of what was once there I feel angry. This could have been built on the outskirts. We would have had our own Shambles centred around pubs like the demolished Boars Head. Such a shame this oversized toilet was built.

What this country did during the 60s was verging on criminal. And the thing is .. it was only handfuls of people on councils that made these decisions. A few people whos decisions changed landscapes forever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.