Your growing up years

I rather liked my years growing up. No social media a major reason I suspect.

In fact, I probably didn’t appreciate it enough at the time. But what kid does?

Loved my childhood. Somewhat left to our own devices, fairly Lord of the Flies..ish. Sounds weird but we never went to a restaurant as a family, ever, not once. Sure, my mum would sometimes take me and my brother to Wimpy or a fish n chip shop if we caught the bus into town for some shopping but other than that my mum and sister cooked at home, we grew veggies on an allotment and we didn't have any money but we had a great home life and I really don't see that much any more.

Loved my childhood. Somewhat left to our own devices, fairly Lord of the Flies..ish. Sounds weird but we never went to a restaurant as a family, ever, not once. Sure, my mum would sometimes take me and my brother to Wimpy or a fish n chip shop if we caught the bus into town for some shopping but other than that my mum and sister cooked at home, we grew veggies on an allotment and we didn't have any money but we had a great home life and I really don't see that much any more.
We never went to a restaurant either. Unless you count fish and chips on a day trip to Blackpool.

I have very few memories of my childhood now,i know my dad was abusive to my mum and the middle brother and mum had told me he forced her to have me and the midle boy,she wanted only the first born,i can't remember what i remembered before my brain injury but hardly anything now,my brothers tell me it was vile,no love or cuddles,dad died when i was 21 and i don't remember him,my mum died last year not having hugged me or telling me she loved me,we had a fractous relationship
I feel i really missed out although i probably wouldn't remember it anyway

Really sorry to hear that Karen.. I can only form an opinion of you from your posts and I just wanted to come on here before leaving for work to say that you come across as one of life's nice people.

You have time for many on here regarding their personal issues and from what I've read, have given out a lot of help and advise.

What I have picked up being on this site is that you are well loved by many on here which is a credit to you..

The past has gone and although you seem to be falling to bits with broken bones, hospital visits and a cupboard full of medication no doubt, you come across to me as being a caring person..

If that wasn't instilled in you by your parents, it just goes to show the type of person you have grown up to be..! x

Right, off to join the traffic queue..!

Yeah,right up to when she died i was wishing she would show me some affection but it just wasn't in hers,i thought as the youngest and only girl that she might thaw but didn't happen,truth is i reminded her of my dad,something she never got over
Sorry to bring your thread down nimmers,i was in a venting mood tonite x

Are my wife and your mother related

Absolutely loved mine and am probably too nostalgic about it - I constantly fret over my kids not making enough of their growing up/wonder years because it generally all goes a bit shit once all the responsibilities start piling up

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.