Jon Moss

Wrong, if they are being abused they have a simple remedy. Book the player. It would soon stop. The problem is they allowed themselves to abused week in, week out by the Rags, they were frightened of them. The referees should be above snidey sarcastic comments. if they did their job properly it wouldn't be an issue. In rugby you say one bad word to the ref and your team is penalised. The team soon tell a player to shut up.
I wasn’t playing in the premier league where money rules the world. I was playing at a time where if you give it out you had To take it back a little. You didn’t start crying like a woman because the ref you’d called a wanker 10 minutes earlier called you out for being a wanker yourself.
Don’t kid yourself- at most levels, players are bigger ****s than the ref.

[QUOTE="Blue Mist, post: 12434747, member: 1398" In rugby you say one bad word to the ref and your team is penalised. The team soon tell a player to shut up.[/QUOTE]
It was a common sight in rugby (league, anyway) that dissent in reply to a free kick awarded for a foul or whatever would be punished by the ref running ten yards and awarding the kick that much further on until the yappy one shut up.

[QUOTE="Blue Mist, post: 12434747, member: 1398" In rugby you say one bad word to the ref and your team is penalised. The team soon tell a player to shut up.
It was a common sight in rugby (league, anyway) that dissent in reply to a free kick awarded for a foul or whatever would be punished by the ref running ten yards and awarding the kick that much further on until the yappy one shut up.[/QUOTE]
Exactly the same in proper rugby.

;-)

It was a common sight in rugby (league, anyway) that dissent in reply to a free kick awarded for a foul or whatever would be punished by the ref running ten yards and awarding the kick that much further on until the yappy one shut up.
Exactly the same in proper rugby.

;-)[/QUOTE]

Tried that in Scotland but strangely it only really benefited Celtic and Rangers

[QUOTE="Blue Mist, post: 12434747, member: 1398" In rugby you say one bad word to the ref and your team is penalised. The team soon tell a player to shut up.
It was a common sight in rugby (league, anyway) that dissent in reply to a free kick awarded for a foul or whatever would be punished by the ref running ten yards and awarding the kick that much further on until the yappy one shut up.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they tried it in football some years ago. It was dropped because it often didn't help the side attacking, by moving the ball too close to the goalline.

I'm sure they tried it in football some years ago. It was dropped because it often didn't help the side attacking, by moving the ball too close to the goalline.[/QUOTE]
Yes they did, the first time I saw it used was against would you believe it? Happened on the first day of the season v Charlton & Wanchoppe was the guilty party.

Oh fuckin diddums.

Refs get abused weekly, players get a bit back and skrike. What a wet fart gosling must be

As with everything in football it could easily be solved but the authorities are fuckin useless.

Starting with the prem and right down to grass routes , straight red for foul and abusive language and a yellow for anyone but the captain saying anything more than a question to the ref.

But... you get dinosaurs like ‘arry and fat sam saying “you cant do that, there’d be 5 red cards a game”.

Errrrr .... yeah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.