Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel there will be a handshake at the end of the season - the Juve rumours over the last 12 months may have some substance. Just like when Pep was due to come to us from Bayern.
I'd also say Sari can not be long term for Juve and was maybe a filler as they get ready for Pep like we did with Pellegrini.

Pep is no way similar in character to Klopp - JK maybe is more driven by loyalty to a cause than his own career plan.

I hope he stays for another 3-5 years but just can't see it, especially with his family moving back to Spain.

Be a shame as the Pep ride will be over - enjoy it while it lasts

giphy.gif

So Pep going to Turin whilst his family stay in Spain helps more than him being in Manchester?

He’s become a right miserable fucker great manager or not.
So would you if you were constantly asked stupid disrespectful questions by the press. Imagine you were a sales rep for a global company. Over a 4 year period you were consistently the rep who had the top sales figures but was given no recognition by anybody. You wouldn't be all smiles and happy.

Thoughts this was newsworthy to have a separate thread. Mods feel free to merge if you want.

You have to read the whole article to understand the context , but this quote along with yesterday's that i am not the best manager - is he downplaying expectation / really being under pressure?

What is the purpose of these soundbites?

I personally feel 2nd position , further in the later stages of champs league and winning both cups - while being a disappointment is not a disaster considering the many injuries and other factors.

He is imo starting to talk himself out of the job which is sad as we will never have a manager like this again.

I feel there will be a handshake at the end of the season - the Juve rumours over the last 12 months may have some substance. Just like when Pep was due to come to us from Bayern.
I'd also say Sari can not be long term for Juve and was maybe a filler as they get ready for Pep like we did with Pellegrini.

Pep is no way similar in character to Klopp - JK maybe is more driven by loyalty to a cause than his own career plan.

I hope he stays for another 3-5 years but just can't see it, especially with his family moving back to Spain.

Be a shame as the Pep ride will be over - enjoy it while it lasts

giphy.gif

I was under the impression that two of his kids are still in Manchester and his wife's move back to Spain was temporary, is this wrong?

I was under the impression that two of his kids are still in Manchester and his wife's move back to Spain was temporary, is this wrong?
I think that is correct.
Nevertheless, we should sack the good for nothing Catalonian. What has he ever done for us, besides 2PL titles, a domestic clean sweep, record points, wins, goals, brilliant football?
A poor man's OGS.

So would you if you were constantly asked stupid disrespectful questions by the press. Imagine you were a sales rep for a global company. Over a 4 year period you were consistently the rep who had the top sales figures but was given no recognition by anybody. You wouldn't be all smiles and happy.
He's constantly referred to as the best coach in the world by the majority of journalists. He gets increased scrutiny and criticism because of this but he's still almost universally admired by everyone other than twitter trolls.

Example: How many managers are accused of trying to be "too clever" when they lose a game?

Forget being sacked if we lose to Madrid. I think he might walk. Perhaps that's why he's said what he has, to make everyone assume he's been sacked when he leaves "by mutual agreement"?

Imagine the extra negative press we'd get for sacking a manager that 12 months previous won a domestic treble?

Absolutely no chance we sack a man we tried years to get after 1 mediocre season which can still end with a treble.

The club will know injuries have played a major part and also themselves for not buying a Vincent replacement.

This. Anyone be it the manager or the player who has played a key role in either of the last 2 seasons gets a pass from me this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.