Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is imo starting to talk himself out of the job which is sad as we will never have a manager like this again.

I agree,but if he is trying to do that it's not being a man about it,best thing is win the CL this season then go with his head even higher than what it is now.

But one thing I'm not interested in is all the tittle tattle chat that will start getting louder if we go out of CL,he knows darn well they won't sack him,so if he jacks then he jacks,see ya later

I was under the impression that two of his kids are still in Manchester and his wife's move back to Spain was temporary, is this wrong?
Spain is hardly far away, I can't see her coming back to live in Manchester and why I think Pep will be gone in the summer.

It is often said that no player or manager is bigger than the club.
But i feel in Pep's case, he is.
On a personal level, i have never taken to him. On a professional level, he is the single biggest thing to happen to City.
Being taken over and being given money wouldn't in itself got us to the level we are at.
The fact we feel being second in the league, and maybe one or two trophies will be an "OK" season says it all.
He has taken us to another level. The only trouble being is who do we replace him with?
The club seem to think they have that issues covered (and i hope they do), but who could have as big an impact?
So, there is NO WAY he will be sacked. He could take a dump on Kaldoons desk, and still be offered a new contract.

We have to expect that he will not renew his contract. (but hope he will)
We have to hope a new manager has the vision to take us even further.
What ever happens, we will see a slight shift in the way we play and may have to temper our expectations accordingly.

Last edited:
I agree,but if he is trying to do that it's not being a man about it,best thing is win the CL this season then go with his head even higher than what it is now.

But one thing I'm not interested in is all the tittle tattle chat that will start getting louder if we go out of CL,he knows darn well they won't sack him,so if he jacks then he jacks,see ya later

Genuinely starting to think the press and the cheats have done for him.

I hope I am wrong.

He's constantly referred to as the best coach in the world by the majority of journalists. He gets increased scrutiny and criticism because of this but he's still almost universally admired by everyone other than twitter trolls.

Example: How many managers are accused of trying to be "too clever" when they lose a game?

Forget being sacked if we lose to Madrid. I think he might walk. Perhaps that's why he's said what he has, to make everyone assume he's been sacked when he leaves "by mutual agreement"?
Maybe by the media in other countries he is. Certainly that is not the case by our media. They never pass up a chance to criticise him.

It is often said that no player or manager is bigger than the club.
But i feel in Pep's case, he is.
On a personal level, i have never taken to him. On a professional level, he is the single biggest thing to happen to City.
Being taken over and being given money wouldn't in itself got us to the level we are at.
The fact we feel being second in the league, and maybe one or two trophies will be an "OK" season says it all.
He has taken us to another level. The only trouble being is who do we replace him with?
The club seem to think they have that issues covered (and i hope they do), but who could have as big an impact?
So, there is NO WAY he will be sacked. He could take a dump on Kaldoons desk, and still be offered a new contract.

We have to expect that he will not renew his contract. (but hope he will)
We have to hope a new manager has the vision to take us even further.
What ever happens, we will see a slight shift in the way we play and may have to taper our expectations accordingly.

Can't disagree with any of that,but as you are aware,he don't stay at a club for ages,so the day was always gonna get closer to his exit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.