UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that was hard going, managed to read the entire document.

There are worrying elements for both sides of the stand off?

City's supporting evidence has clearly had little bearing in terms of what the Football Leaks hacking had released into the public domain.

The CAS document is essentially a very expensive and detailed way of saying City have put the cart before the horse (which we pretty much knew, anyhow)

Worrying caveats include UEFA getting off the hook if they do suddenly unearth an individual within their ranks who leaked information, yet would in no way prohibit the AC's findings and sanctions?

CAS suggesting the press may have been speculating, rather the direct leaks from UEFA.
I am sure the leaks were probably indirect. Someone on the investigating committee spoke to someone high up at one of our commercial rivals and they spoke to someone down their food chain (probably in their Comms team) who passed it on to the New York Times and the Times. No footprints will be left anywhere.

It was a great tactical move by City's legal team. Essentially a pre-emptive strike. In fact Le Terme's abrasive comments, now publicised in the CAS documents, suggests UEFA have not even bothered to investigate the allegations of leaks from their own investigation. This compounds their predicament and is more legal ammunition for City.
Yes. I see this as a big win for City. Although the appeal was lost on a technicality, CAS have made their displeasure with UEFA clear. If we are found guilty and appeal, duck the ton of bricks coming UEFA's way.
The anti City tweeters (the usual suspects) have told lies about the judgement, which illustrates their motives. Don't they realise the documents are public? Calling Rabin....get them.

It was a great tactical move by City's legal team. Essentially a pre-emptive strike. In fact Le Terme's abrasive comments, now publicised in the CAS documents, suggests UEFA have not even bothered to investigate the allegations of leaks from their own investigation. This compounds their predicament and is more legal ammunition for City.

Although they have shunted that wanker Parry off into the sidings. I wonder why. New York based Liverpool fan, stories being leaked to a NY newspaper formally owned by Liverpool’s owner. Hmmmmm

Nick McGeehan here, folks, claiming that the 'CAS ... says [MCFC] approach "artificial and misleading" and "legally wrong"' when that text appears in para 51 of the CAS judgment clearly qualified by the staement that "The submissions of UEFA ... may be summarised as follows".

So, in representing UEFA's submissions as the impartial view of the CAS, is he simply mistaken, or being disingenuous, or being intellectually dishonest? I know what I think.

And now here's Knickerless* responding rather gracelessly having had Rabin point out to him the error of his ways:

For someone who's always bragging about being a reseracher with a PhD, he sometimes comes across as ... well, not all that bright. Unless, of course, he's just a liar. Or, of course, a bit of both.

* - I'm not normally a one for these juvenile misspellings or corruptions of names in the interests of 'banter', but I'll make an exception for this contemptible twat.

It's almost as if City do know what they're doing after all, given some of the posts on here that's going to come as a surprise to their detractors.
To be fair I think there is a difference betwen the way we handle legal issues and the way we manage our reputation as a club. We have suffered a lot of reputational damage over recent years and some of it could have been avoided. Our hands are tied on what we can say publically on the UEFA probe but there are a lot of other things we can do to improve the way we are covered in the media and perceived by other football fans.

yes unfair .should be "constructive work" because it appears she or her department have done f*ck all , they welcome the low lifes that rubbish our football club to every home game and hand them tea and biscuits , she's absolutely toothless.
I now believe she is doing exactly as her paymasters are telling her to do. Don't go gung-ho off your own bat throwing shit at all and sundry. Leave it to the legal teams to decide what to do and when to do it.

Worrying caveats include UEFA getting off the hook if they do suddenly unearth an individual within their ranks who leaked information, yet would in no way prohibit the AC's findings and sanctions?
I'm not sure I agree with that assessment, sections 109 and 112 of the CAS document could both be interpreted as CAS warning the AC to properly investigate what went on in the IC with the inference that failure to do so satisfactorily would impact any subsequent appeal to CAS by City if sanctions are imposed by the AC.

109. Although the Panel does not exclude the possibility that one or more of MCFC’s rights in the proceedings before the Investigatory Chamber may not have been fully respected, the Panel has confidence that, if such procedural violations were held to exist, the Adjudicatory Chamber will right such wrongs and/or take such alleged violations into account in its decision, and if it does not, MCFC has the possibility of appealing the Adjudicatory Chamber’s final decision to CAS.

112. However, this finding by the Panel also implies that the Adjudicatory Chamber will seriously address and assess MCFC’s procedural complaints as promised by UEFA in its submissions before this Panel in these CAS proceedings. In any event, such alleged procedural deficiencies will be reviewable in the context of an admissible appeal to CAS against a decision of the Adjudicatory Chamber.

Although they have shunted that wanker Parry off into the sidings. I wonder why. New York based Liverpool fan, stories being leaked to a NY newspaper formally owned by Liverpool’s owner. Hmmmmm

I think he still based in Cheshire and keeps very close to his contacts in the North West! That said he has fingers in many pies, especially in the Middle East.

https://www.deepbridgecapital.com/our-people/rick-parry

And now here's Knickerless* responding rather gracelessly having had Rabin point out to him the error of his ways:

For someone who's always bragging about being a reseracher with a PhD, he sometimes comes across as ... well, not all that bright. Unless, of course, he's just a liar. Or, of course, a bit of both.

* - I'm not normally a one for these juvenile misspellings or corruptions of names in the interests of 'banter', but I'll make an exception for this contemptible twat.

He is just a liar. Remember that video of Emiratis being bashed up? McGeehan posted it as the work of "the men behind Manchester City". Well, nobody in the video was anything to do with City, so McGeehan said Mansour was not our owner, but just a front for others, including the bashers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.