John Stones

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think im in the minority that rates Stones. He didn't do well with Zaha recently but given a run and some belief I believe Stones can be elite level.

Exactly so slagging him off is doing nothing but pulling City down, the correct way is to buy better and push him down the pecking order, failing to replace Kompany was a big mistake as Stones`s only fault this season is his injury record, as he has made less mistakes that the other experienced CB`s, his injury record though is a big failure in a position that relies on reliability

He's injured 40% of the time, and the other 60% he's shit.

He showed promise 2 years ago but has fallen a long, long way since then and faces a massive challenge to get back to a position where he's even a good 3rd choice. Pep's selections show he doesn't trust him.

Something drastic has to change if he's going to be here beyond next season IMO.

He's injured 40% of the time, and the other 60% he's shit.

He showed promise 2 years ago but has fallen a long, long way since then and faces a massive challenge to get back to a position where he's even a good 3rd choice. Pep's selections show he doesn't trust him.

Something drastic has to change if he's going to be here beyond next season IMO.
I can understand the frustration at a time he was needed he did not stand up and be counted, but calling him shit 60% of the time, and that being 100% of the time on the pitch for the last 2 years, well it does not stand up to scrutiny , he does face a massive challenge when we buy as the general idea is always to upgrade but that was the failing from last year

Exactly so slagging him off is doing nothing but pulling City down, the correct way is to buy better and push him down the pecking order, failing to replace Kompany was a big mistake as Stones`s only fault this season is his injury record, as he has made less mistakes that the other experienced CB`s, his injury record though is a big failure in a position that relies on reliability
Difficult to make mistakes when not playing When he has played he has made vital mistakes that have cost us It’s a big shame but I believe that he has had his last chance

Reactions: nmc
I think im in the minority that rates Stones. He didn't do well with Zaha recently but given a run and some belief I believe Stones can be elite level.

I’m no Stones hater... I’ve so wanted him to do well and he has so much potential but he just doesn’t seem able to put it together in any sort of sustained manner. Unfortunately he seems mentally fragile and error prone. I admire you positivity around Stones but I’m beginning to doubt whether he’s part of our future... even if he stays I think Pep will prefer Garcia next season - and based on performances this season I’d support that.

Always wanted him to succeed but I'd rather we bring in another defender (maybe 2)and Tosin takes his place

Always wanted him to succeed but I'd rather we bring in another defender (maybe 2)and Tosin takes his place

I assume rosin will get a premier league loan next season after this very good Blackburn season.

So I guess Stones' future would be tied to how well Tosin did. Tosin is younger, club trained, free, on low wages etc. so if he is good enough to be a 4th choice CB he has a lot of advantages, frees up money and squad places to use elsewhere.

I assume rosin will get a premier league loan next season after this very good Blackburn season.

So I guess Stones' future would be tied to how well Tosin did. Tosin is younger, club trained, free, on low wages etc. so if he is good enough to be a 4th choice CB he has a lot of advantages, frees up money and squad places to use elsewhere.
I don't think Tosin is anywhere near good enough and would doubt if he is seriously in the frame. Stones might get one more chance at redemption but it seems that when he does gather some decent form he gets injured. Hard to escape the conclusion he is mentally weak, injury prone and physically timid.

Difficult to make mistakes when not playing When he has played he has made vital mistakes that have cost us It’s a big shame but I believe that he has had his last chance
The mistake is not being available to play, when playing Stones has been sent off less and given less penalties away than most City defenders, generally considered easily identifiable vital mistakes, I do not disagree with anybody washing their hands of him, but lets get someone in first see the improvement and judge then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.