The Arndale Centre

A few extra lbs of fertiliser and jobs a good 'un:

I agree with others. The Arndale, Piccadilly gardens and market street are a disgrace. A large part of The city centre is an absolute dump. full of crime, spice addicts and homeless people

we could do with some actual green space and gardens. I’ve spent most of my life around town but question at times, why on earth people want to live there.

Cankot say the arndale has ever bothered me, all major UK cities have large shopping malls in theirain shopping area, and tbf you don't have to go in it if you don't want to in this day and age or onlie shoping.

I avoid market street as it is busy all the time and bar visitong fopp there is not really any shops I,need to go to.

My only criticism of the arndale is that they built over cannon street and we lost the boozers there and on withy grove, and that the underground market was fucked off.

What this country did during the 60s was verging on criminal. And the thing is .. it was only handfuls of people on councils that made these decisions. A few people whos decisions changed landscapes forever
Quite right. There was an understandable desire for modernity following the war and the poor, pinched, drab fifties. But those that controlled the cities had no historic or artistic appreciation. They went for cheap options. Arndale was the cheapest, offering councils large amounts in 'planning gain' and they wrecked town after town.

Only one lift out of five working this lunchtime
Queues of people with kids in buggies and wheelchair users watching the one working elevator constantly bypassing them

I was in there yesterday for an hour. Absolutely painful / surely won’t exist in this format in 5 years??

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.