UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously this has been rumbling for some time but I have spoken to someone with inside knowledge and is close to things at the club who said we were not expecting this and it has taken them by surprise. He also said he has seen some of the evidence and it’s pretty damning against us. If that is the case then what then? If we are guilty of these bogus sponsorship claims then where does that leave us? Mud sticks unfortunately. No surprise Gill is on the committee.

this doesn’t give me a good feeling. on this it sounds like we are done for.

My thoughts have already been covered fairly extensively in the thread, so no need in repeating frustration, anger, bewilderment, and yet general lack of surprise and lasting sense of bemusement.

I will say, though, that I expect we will be seeing quite a bit of very interesting information trickling out about various other club executives, UEFA leadership, and their activities over the next few months. Nothing so extensive as to jeopardise our appeal, of course, but enough to send a signal to those that need one or, if necessary, light a fire under those that City know absolutely cannot be trusted regardless of what we do.

If nothing else, it should be quite enlightening.

Absolutely delighted, have wanted us out of any competition run by UEFA since we played Porto away (2012) and we ended up being fined more for coming out 2 minutes late for the 2nd half than Porto did for their fans racially abusing Mario throughout the game. Bunch of corrupt bar stewards. Having said that, lets hope we take them to the cleaners in court.

UEFA considers that City have committed "serious breaches" of the FFP regulations by "overstating its sponsorship revenues" between2012 and 2016. Am I correct in believing that this is the first time any doubt about City's accounts for this period have been raised? Am I correct in believing that UEFA declared City (and PSG) to be released from all penalties in 2015 because of the club's conformity to the FFP regulations? I presume UEFA have informed the club which sponsorship deals have been overstated and what information has proved this. My opinion is that if UEFA are not on rock solid ground they are in serious trouble. Not only will they have to make their case in CAS they can expect action in the commercial courts against them by the club but also by some heavyweight sponsors who will be feeling mightily aggrieved. This is in addition to examinations of process and procedure employed by UEFA and the personnel involved. UEFA are playing a very risky game and a strategy of hoping that a very heavy sanction may persuade City to take another pinch - if that is what UEFA intend - will not work. I still feel, though, that CAS will save UEFA's bacon by upholding City's appeal that the procedure was so flawed that the verdict cannot be upheld. The question then will be whether City are prepared to push for punitive damages... What do you think the mood in Abu Dhabi is at the moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.