UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
UEFA considers that City have committed "serious breaches" of the FFP regulations by "overstating its sponsorship revenues" between2012 and 2016. Am I correct in believing that this is the first time any doubt about City's accounts for this period have been raised? Am I correct in believing that UEFA declared City (and PSG) to be released from all penalties in 2015 because of the club's conformity to the FFP regulations? I presume UEFA have informed the club which sponsorship deals have been overstated and what information has proved this. My opinion is that if UEFA are not on rock solid ground they are in serious trouble. Not only will they have to make their case in CAS they can expect action in the commercial courts against them by the club but also by some heavyweight sponsors who will be feeling mightily aggrieved. This is in addition to examinations of process and procedure employed by UEFA and the personnel involved. UEFA are playing a very risky game and a strategy of hoping that a very heavy sanction may persuade City to take another pinch - if that is what UEFA intend - will not work. I still feel, though, that CAS will save UEFA's bacon by upholding City's appeal that the procedure was so flawed that the verdict cannot be upheld. The question then will be whether City are prepared to push for punitive damages... What do you think the mood in Abu Dhabi is a

What gets me is our accounts are looked at every seasons by Uefa and they pass them!

UEFA considers that City have committed "serious breaches" of the FFP regulations by "overstating its sponsorship revenues" between2012 and 2016. Am I correct in believing that this is the first time any doubt about City's accounts for this period have been raised? Am I correct in believing that UEFA declared City (and PSG) to be released from all penalties in 2015 because of the club's conformity to the FFP regulations? I presume UEFA have informed the club which sponsorship deals have been overstated and what information has proved this. My opinion is that if UEFA are not on rock solid ground they are in serious trouble. Not only will they have to make their case in CAS they can expect action in the commercial courts against them by the club but also by some heavyweight sponsors who will be feeling mightily aggrieved. This is in addition to examinations of process and procedure employed by UEFA and the personnel involved. UEFA are playing a very risky game and a strategy of hoping that a very heavy sanction may persuade City to take another pinch - if that is what UEFA intend - will not work. I still feel, though, that CAS will save UEFA's bacon by upholding City's appeal that the procedure was so flawed that the verdict cannot be upheld. The question then will be whether City are prepared to push for punitive damages... What do you think the mood in Abu Dhabi is a

Accounts the PL will have seen and had to ratify as well btw unless they are next to think its open season so lets try and kick them out of our league as well?

To CAS we go then.

It could be a pyrrhic victory if it reactivates Sheikh Mansour.

You can see how it works when Simon Stone says

Man Utd, UEFA, Liverpool, and the media working hand in glove, and they are quite brazen about it.

If CAS are genuinely independent then they will see this for what it is.

Reactions: dom
Rag Father inlaw says we are cheating bastards and finally got what was coming to us.Thinks all our success is tarnished

Wanted to chin the old twat.

Thinks now our Club will be treated like Lepers.

I hope to fuck Heads roll at or Club for this.
Thats exactly how everyone will look at us from now on.
What a load of shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.