UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We will not beat an organisation like UEFA, regardless of how much money or who our owner is.

Literally we have been cast aside here by the rest of football in Europe and no fucker is going to try and support us.
Bosman beat them. Dont see why we cant.

He’s built a investment of £250m into one worth £5B do you really think he will walk away Khaldoon and HH will be fuming over this they are honourable people They will see this as a slight on them and their people it will only make them more determined and they have the money to win any battle and also the contacts at the highest level UEFA have made a massive mistake today
Of course he's not going to walk away,but he also won't want a £5B asset damaged by getting embroiled in a fight he may not win.

I have to say it's amazing how many people on here are pretending to celebrate this like being out of Europe is a great thing because it's not your favourite competition or you can cancel your BT Sports subscription.

Don't you think at all about the players or the coaches who hold lifelong dreams of winning the thing? Silva said at least 2 years ago he thought he'd retire if we won, he's literally been holding out for it, and others like Aguero, KDB, Fernandinho will be the same. I could never celebrate something which is either going to deny some of our greatest players ever their last couple of chances at this competition, or potentially cause some to leave.

Do you ever have anything good to say about our club?

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't it the case that the European courts don't take on sports cases because of the existence of the CAS?

CAS is a quasi-juidicial organisation. They are the first line of appeal as they posses adjudicating power. However, I would say they are not necessarily impartial. They are not bound by common law, whereas the actual judicial body the Federal Tribunal of Switzerland are an actual supreme court. I can not see this decision standing as it is clear UEFA have no legal ground.

Undoubtedly time to take the gloves off. However, I just don’t see any Court or Body overturning a decision that will now be lauded non-stop as a triumph of “fair play” over “dirty oil cheats”. We are going to be vilified beyond all endurance. If you want a prediction it’s that CAS will reduce the sentence to a 1 year ban, leaving us still stinking of shit and forcing us to turn to the judiciary in Switzerland, the home of football.
Don’t get me wrong, FFP, this decision, all of it is a bent charade, but the media has ensured that we have already been tried in the court of public opinion, and there will be zero enthusiasm from anyone outside of this forum to exonerate us. There’s been a lot of naivety on here (particularly post Sam Lee and his bollocks), but the reality is that a panel of rag and dipper stooges at UEFA, was never going to care about anything other than protecting “their” clubs from big bad City. Were those individuals personally accountable, it might have been different, but they ain’t. They don’t give a shit about UEFA’s future any more than they do ours.
And doubtless the media witch hunt will now be extended to stripping us of our domestic trophies

Have to agree with this sadly. I can’t see any good outcome here.

What avenues are open to us? I know there's CAS but I don't trust any of them. They are all prejudiced against Arab money and most of football goes along with it out of parochial interest. The bug winners are Liverpool FC, Real Madrid etc and the architects of FFP. This is about the preservation of power.
There's no reason to distrust CAS and if they don't agree then we'll take it to the Swiss courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.