UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton fan here.

This is a disgrace. Yes you broke rules but the owner wouldnt have to do that if he was just allowed to fund his own club without having to resort to getting creative.

The whole rule is designed to keep the same little cartel at the top and close the door to anyone else. How can a rule that only allows you to spend what you earn help anyone but those who are already at the top? It doesnt, but thats the whole point.

I hope your owner wipes the floor with them in court or on appeal and gets rid of the whole FFP rule - its a sham.
We broke rules? Let's see if a court of law agrees with that statement

To think, that twat from UEFA was at our last home CL game getting wined and dined and his presence was seen as confirmation of our supposed escaping from any ban. Strange that we had all that Sam Lee and the Athletic nonsense, which they claimed was a sure thing and a couple of months later, this bombshell. What the heck has happened in the last couple of months? Or more likely, the Athletic stuff was just plain wrong.
This is crap news, just before our next CL match as well.
City need to friggin try harder when it comes to dealing with UEFA, bending over backwards so far has not really worked.
You like myself have NO fucking idea as to what was being discussed.

So, if we are out of the chumps league for two years, does that mean we can spend like mad for two seasons and it doesn't count toward FFP? ;-)
Yes I think so as that's what the Scousers did when they failed ffp. It didn't count because they wernt in any UEFA competitions. Time to start paying players massive contracts and salaries to come to us and to stay but weighted over the next two years. Lol

This is very, very, very bad news.. no way are they putting this ban out and then letting it get overturned. We will get at least a year and it will massively change the course of the club for the next 5-10 years imo. From Peps continued employment to player recruitment to revenue streams to perception of the club to others... not a positive to be drawn I’m afraid.

We fight to the end!

So basically they’ve been judge, jury and executioner and the club, CFG, our accountants and auditors have all been accused of cheating the FFP rules. The club will now fight this to the death for one simple reason, accepting this or even taking another pinch for 12 months admits guilt and will therefore effect the dignity and personal honour of Sheik Mansour and Khaldoon and that is one thing that all Arabs from HRH down to the lowest goat herder take most seriously. This will go all the way to the highest courts now.

I've just said this elsewhere, but I don't think they can accept that.

Either we are guilty and UEFA can't budge, or we're not, in which case the ownership and management must realise they can't afford to take a huge punishment as a way of avoiding conflict or a protracted legal case.

A 1 year ban costs us...£150m minimum, plus untold reputation damage. It's not like 2014 where we can take a slap on the wrist to avoid a big fight with UEFA, this is the big fight.
If there's one thing uefa can do it's budge.
A reduction to one year will allow them to show those who want us punished they meant business,and we will make the same mistake as last time of accepting it under the mistaken belief that the slate will be wiped clean.

Was coming this. UEFA needed to make a statement that they will not allow any new clubs into the the current cartel without a fight.

Only in football is investment considered bad. If our owners sold City now they would turn profit but who cares about that when you don't make a prodit in some random year. UEFA's laws are there as a lobbying result by the current cartel of so called elite clubs who are running scared by clubs wanting to challenge them.

For the sake of football I hope this gets overturned, I don't want to watch 50 years of my life same clubs fighting for European trophies because nobody else is allowed to challenge the order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.