UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange World we live in.... Julian Assange faces life in a US Prison and beeing waterboarded daily be the CIA for hacking emails.

Meanwhile UEFA used hacked emails by a criminal that can obviously not be authentically verified to be Judge,Jury,and executioner.

Can you imagine trying to make such evidence admissible in a real Court of Law.

UEFA is the very definition of corruption.

City were aware of the verdict of UEFAs investigation on Jan 23rd.
If you think City, knowing they had no chance of having this over turned in the CAS, wouldn’t leak a thing and allow this to slap us/the fans in the face immediately - you’re delusional and a bit too pessimistic (city fan or not)

the gesturing and threats from UEFA in this case stand for little when a legitimate & legal appeal is lodged

the heavy fine will be down processed to a more reasonable, standard value upon appeal too.

watch this space.
most sensible post yet

There’s another element to this too.

Defending against Uefa is one thing. I’ve never cared for FFP and I’d rather we’d fought against it.

However, we didn’t, instead we became self sustaining and we made quite a big thing about how good our business model was. As a fan, I bought into that fully.

If, and it’s still an if, we cooked the books, then it won’t annoy me that we failed ffp or try to hoodwink Uefa. I’d be more annoyed that the vision of self sustainability and when we got there that was sold to me as a fan was a myth.

Had we ignored ffp, spent what we liked and accepted all the consequences, I’d have backed the owners to the hilt. Had we challenged uefa immediately about ffp as a principle, I’d have backed the owners to the hilt. If they’ve lied to me as a fan in order to lie to uefa and created the pretence that we’ve passed and our business model was always sound, that’s where I start to have an issue.

I don’t know which one yet is actually true. I want to believe and have always backed that the club is right and will continue to do so unless I see enough to think otherwise. The email leak was worrying to say the least though and if we have been misled (and I mean us as fans rather than Uefa) then my support for the owners will go very quickly.

It’s just a wait and see now though. Feels like we’re approaching the end game.
Clearly, the hacked emails relate to the period we were sanctioned in initially (2014)

I have no doubt we ‘cooked the books’ in this period and treated the rules with the contempt they deserved. The business model now is one of the best in the game on the back of the initial inflations.

Don’t forget UEFA deemed the Etihad deal was fair value.

We have faced it before and we can stand up to it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of our frustrations and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.