UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I am strugling with is the charge.

Etihad have many investors from the UAE and obviously our owner is one, there is nothing fraudulant or corrupt about such investment and cetainly not illegal

If etihad use some of their investments to them to fund our sponsorship, well that's their decission and shouldn't need to be declared in my opinion.

So the only way uefa could know the money may have been partly from investmemts from the shiek could inly be found out through illegal means such as the hacking claims.

So uefa are using illegal means and inuendo to make a case and charge us.

Anyone defending uefa is defending illegal acts and collusion.
I'm more confused about the "inflated sponsorship" claim, off the back of an alleged related party payment to Etihad.

I had originally thought that the angle they were coming from was that a related party provided payments via Etihad and that should have been disclosed. So the breech was that of deception.

It looks like they want to claim that Etihad should now be deemed a related party source, off the back of a one off payment, when Etihad were taking losses(the reasons they needed help are well documented), that City assure did not come from a related party source anyway. That all seems like shaky ground from UEFA.

That's the only way the 2012-2016 claim makes sense to me because there was nothing in the email leaks beyond the 2012-13 period, where this whole case rests. There are obvious flaws in this reasoning, even to your average Joe like me who doesn't claim to be a legal or finance expert. I'd be interested to hear @Prestwich_Blue's take on this.

For a start, as I alluded to above, a one off payment, even if it was from Sheikh Mansour and they can prove it(which City have challenged from the start). Surely that can't be enough to prove beyond the question of doubt, that Etihad always was and still are a related party source?

Secondly, I didn't think Fair Market Value had anything to do with what a sponsor can afford. I thought it's what the club is worth to none related party sponsors. So how does the fact that Etihad could only pay £8m one season affect right up until 2016? Why even stop at 2016 if they are going to be as bold as that? Are they saying, only then were we worth what we are getting on the Etihad deal? How is it then, that if I remember right, that their own auditors said different back in, what was it, 2014?

Last edited:
UEFA know exactly what they are doing.

We have interupted their elite and they want us out.

You can call that being nobs.

I call it an organised drive to permanently discredit our achievements and ensure we no longer participate.

UEFA didn't hack us they just used the information to investigate. Like it or not on the surface the e mails don't look good. But without seeing all the evidence nobody can say it's a witch hunt or indeed as the Daily Fail said today that the punishment is wholly appropriate due to a flagrant disregard of the rules.

As our trophy cabinet grows and our global interest rises are we not becoming one of the elite that UEFA need?

How do our auditors and Etihad stand in this. As they are also being accused would there be a point where they take legal action against UEFA ?

We are all on here ranting about uefa, the cartel the scummy press but we need to be ranting at the picks within our club who have got us in this situation.sombody needs to pay yes uefa hate us as do the rest but somebody at the club has fucked up big time and they nead naming and shaming
This would be admitting guilt when the club have strenuously denied

Here is what I was referring to
“Simply put, this is a case initiated by UEFA, prosecuted by UEFA and judged by UEFA. With this prejudicial process now over, the Club will pursue an impartial judgment as quickly as possible and will therefore, in the first instance, commence proceedings with the Court of Arbitration for Sport at the earliest opportunity”

I read it in full yesterday mate. Wasn't expecting us to put out a statement saying "it's a fair cop" lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.