UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the UEFA officials and match officials should take a good hammering, along with any members of the press who are brave enough to be there. Let's get banned for something real.

I’d stop UEFA getting anywhere near our ground in a few weeks. Refuse them access, ban the Madrid directors slandering our name.

burn the UEFA flags down go full in

I read somewhere that that CAS process could take up to 18 months, possibly longer. So interested to know what happens re the ban - suspended or continues anyway?

If they didn't suspend, and the ban starts next season, then CAS announces in 18 months City are cleared, we'll break Uefa by suing them for the financial loses incurred. They'd be stupid not to suspend while on appeal to CAS and other courts if required. And we shouldn't be paying any fine either, what are uefa going to do? Send the bailiffs round!

I suspect there was no coincidence in the timing between the release of the CAS conclusions and then Uefa's punishment.

For me, this is all a show, not just for the peanut gallery, but for the actual clubs who have lobbied and pressed for punishment.

I remember the last time a punishment was delivered and we eventually got to hear about the deals and levels of back-channeling which took place

Call it quiet optimism or wishful thinking on my part, but CAS is exactly the public forum which still suits both City and Uefa.

Uefa have aired this from the rooftops, it has served all its purposes.

I don't believe Cerefin has come to our games by chance, nor do I believe Khaldoon has been sat idly on his hands.

Uefa can have this whole thing off their backs, once and for all.

They are all about attracting more money into the game, not taking it out.

At CAS, I will not be surprised to see where all the smoking guns are exposed, which people are implicated, how many procedural failures there have been along the way.

Even City's official response last night did not smack of City's usual MO. Yes, there are exceptional circumstances, but all the same, ours is a regime which does not air its dirty linen in public, we keep our powder dry.

A couple of other points, it's an absolute certainty that the wider media will be further emboldened to use this period to try and book end every bit of agenda and lobby for the Premier League and other clubs to try apply retrospective action of their own.

This is a period in when the club and supporters need to take record of who comes out from under those rocks.

Secondly, in terms of a direct impact to finances. I have been assured we won't feel a ripple. We recently took £390m into the group and this can be distributed across it as we see fit.

Lastly, be wary of The Athletic. They were the ones peddling we would not be punished and yet they have now come full circle, pushing the Premier League to stick the boot in.

This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.

Good post

Regarding The Athletic, just look at who are their owners. I wouldn’t give them the skin off my piss.

Would be great but i think if we are banned from the CL for 2 years and it's proved we've done wrong then he'll walk away.
Don't think Pep will trust the powers that be at the club again
You think this reflects on City's owners. I doubt there will be many neutrals or City fans who can not see that City have been targeted here.

I think she’s far more pro-active than many people give her credit for. The problem is we’re not holding that many cards. If you think we get a bad press now, it would be a million times worse if we started banning journalists.
I don't think it would improve thing a lot, or make them worse.

It would make me happy if a few we're cast out though.

They probably could but I assume we won't as any ban would be better sooner rather than later. Also I would assume we will try to make life a bit easier for the CAS to try and paint UEFA as the bad guys.

CAS will almost certainly want this dealt with before next season though. However, like it's been mentioned, there are courts beyond CAS that could delay the ruling even longer. So the club do have options in terms of a time frame.

Still expect an outcome before next season though.
CAS will consider urgent cases.
However, the club may take it up to the time limit to go to CAS, fucking up UEFA. When the case is registered with CAS the ban is suspended, taking the wholeprocess past the start of ECL therefore City would have to be included in next season’s competition. So even if we loose at case the ban would be delay past next season

Last edited:
City and UEFA are playing poker.
One of them is holding a pair of two's and we don't know what the other has.
We also don't know which one of them is the one with the pair of two's - could even be both of them.

UEFA have just gone 'all in'
It's the pair of ****s sat in a Liverpool and utd top with an extra deck of cards up their sleeves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.