UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some random thoughts about this scenario:

1) UEFA seem to be basing their case on the Der Spiegal cache of emails. Have they seen these emails or are they solely going off the newspaper reports? What attempts have they made to be sure that there are no emails not known to them? We are told this is a huge data dump - what attempts have been made to ensure they have viewed every email with relevant detail? How have they done this analysis? IF they have used the actual data dump to gather evidence have city also been provided with the same data dump?

2) I've assumed they haven't actually had access to the data dump (although it would be fun if City did have the entire cache of football leaks emails) because Der Spiegal were excited yesterday that it was their research that got us to this point. What steps have UEFA made to verify the veracity and honesty of that research? What steps have they taken to ensure the snippets of emails presented in the paper are accurate particularly when placed back into the context from which they have been ripped? What alternative understandings of the presented fragments of text did they explore and what criteria did they use to dismiss those?

3) The CAS ruling on the Galatasary case commented that Galatasary leaned too heavily on newspaper reports in defence of their case. Are UEFA basing the entirety of their case on newspaper reports?

4) If I remember correctly when we failed FFP the next few years of our accounts were under extra scrutiny? (I may be mistaken about this). What did that scrutiny involve (if it happened) and who at UEFA signed off on them? Does this form part of the case that we misled UEFA?

5) Why did it take so long for the AC to inform City of their findings? How were we informed? Have we been given more detail about what we are being punished for than UEFA have released?

6) if my understanding is correct CAS can only judge based on policies and procedures and can offer no real comment on the evidence collected by UEFA except to say if it was collected effectively or not. Therefore CAS can only acquit us based on technicalities. Will this be enough for City or will they make further attempts to establish their innocence either by explaining more clearly the context of the emails we dispute and/or legal action.

The level of interest in that set up would be zero too
In today's world, money trumps all. If you throw enough money at people, projects, marketing - you'll generate enough interest but the question is, who'll be willing to invest resources in such a project until it is self sustaining.

I don't read the Athletic but I do think though that UEFA have probably changed their position during the process and that they reported in good faith. The delays in the UEFA hearings and outcome do suggest an internal wrangle.

The Athletic is much more of a collective than a normal newspaper sports desk. They will have people like Sam Lee reporting the City side of things and people like Ornstein reporting the FA/PL side of things and Pearce reporting the Liverpool side.

In a weird way, this could be the making of the Club.
I can't think of anything more likely to unite the fans than this wanton and unjust persecution by a corrupt elite. In addition, unlike our neighbours down the road, we are fully behind the Club's owners. Unity is strength.
The new chant should be "Fuck off Uefa", for 90 minutes, every game.
I've posted many times that I am ready to give up as much as is humanly possible for someone who has been obsessed with City for over 40 years - but fuckin hell - have I got my appetite back now. GAME ON. Thanks UEFA ;)))

I'm sure that will all be revealed if this goes to a proper court of law (which isn't a slight on CAS but they're an arbitration service not a court).

So, Colin, what is the legal process here? If CAS doesn't find in City's favour, what's next?

In a weird way, this could be the making of the Club.
I can't think of anything more likely to unite the fans than this wanton and unjust persecution by a corrupt elite. In addition, unlike our neighbours down the road, we are fully behind the Club's owners. Unity is strength.
The new chant should be "Fuck off Uefa", for 90 minutes, every game.

No, can't let protest get in the way of supporting the team, so yes protest , boo whatever but during the game support the team more than ever.

IMO we have.

UEFA would not have passed this judgement if there was no evidence of wrong doing. It also seems like our defence is centred on the investigation itself as opposed to nature of the charges which is slightly worrying.

However, the legacy of this shows that hacked data is admissible in UEFA’s court and the amount of shit out there about Europe’s ‘elite’ will be extremely unsettling for them.

United and Liverpool have taken the rivalry with us away from the pitch and into the boardroom. Shit is definitely going to come their way in the near future and I look forward to seeing it.
Nah, the point is they are disputing where the funds came from for the sponsorships, who gives a fuck whether it came directly from Mansour’s pocket? They were all fair value and FFP was bollocks from day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.