UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. That's lifted from a muddled BBC report. Go to PL website and look up the Handbook, then tell us which para limits spending. (Btw, forget the short term wage limlits, they have been junked).
Assuming we want to re-enter the Champions League after any ban ends, we'd still have to abide by UEFA's FFP rules.

How do you silence the media?

The only thing to be done is to stop using none-City media. Come the West Ham game there will still be City fans commenting online in the newspapers match reports. Use City blogs and City social media and don't make money for organisations who use Man City as a way of marketing their product.
Or linking to the guardian.

Who hired this Rui Pinto hacker guy in the first place? Maybe he has some ties with top clubs in Europe...
Or was he just lying at home bored and thought he is gonna hack dozens of clubs, other organizations etc?

Really hope Mansour has sent cyber security experts t check any emails of top Uefa people and also Mike Riley. And I hope we found stuff worth to share soon. If not we are fucking naive.
The story about Pinto is not why he hacked documents. He did it for financial gain and made millions till he was caught. The real issue is why out of 70 million documents (one of the biggest hacks ever in data history) a handful of emails at Manchester City is the only story in town for the media. All the other nuggets: The Ronaldo rape allegations; United paying Pogba off books using an image right vehicle; United making huge payments to agents and player family members; Sergio Ramos's failed dope test after the Cl final; and a mountain of allegations about PSG and Monaco have just faded into obscurity.

Not according to CAS's own minutes they didn't. More media bollocks.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Award_CAS_6298_internet.pdf

Manchester City Football Club Limited, Manchester, United Kingdom
Represented by Mr Paul Harris QC, Barrister, Monckton Chambers, London, United Kingdom, Mr Rhodri Thomas and Ms Natalie Sheehan, Solicitors, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, London, United Kingdom, Mr Jean-Cédric Michel and Mr Massimiliano Maestretti, Attorneys-at-Law, Kellerhals Carrard, Lugano, Switzerland

That's five, not eight.

They might have more involved that didn't go to CAS? Or didn't have a big enough role to get named?

A journalist on 5Live just said his paper tried to phone up the big law firms to work on an in-depth story and all of them said they were representing City and couldn't help them.

I think Khaldoon's threat of spending 30m on lawyers rather than paying a penny in fines is coming true.

I might be wrong, but isn't evidence gained thru illegal means (i.e. Hacking) unusable in English courts?

It is illegal all over the Western World.

It is why Pinto is sat in a Portuguese Prison cell.

And why Julian Assange sits in a Cell in Belmarsh Prison awaiting extradition to United States and faces being waterboarded by the CIA for an eternity.

For what its worth i think Pinto needs waterboarding to find out who the other conspirators are at Bayern,Der Spegel,and if we at City actually have an enemy within our Club.I have this niggling feeling that someone in our Club is fucking us over.The way we settled with Liverpool hacking for a measly £1,000 000,when the value on dragging their name rightfully through the Mud was priceless.The shit email set up defies belief.

If the idea of an alternate to the CL is being poo-poo'd - how about a true international competition?
I think if we could pursuade the right clubs - Dortmund, Atletico, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Lyon, Monaco, Bilbao, Valencia, Spurs etc. and double the prize money on offer from UEFA it would eventually eclipse the CL.
Following on from this idea, so it's not seen as a 'bridesmaid' competition we could also try to rope in the likes of Boca Juniors, River Plate, Corinthians, Independiente, Rangers and Celtic etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.