UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you silence the media?

The only thing to be done is to stop using none-City media. Come the West Ham game there will still be City fans commenting online in the newspapers match reports. Use City blogs and City social media and don't make money for organisations who use Man City as a way of marketing their product.

I honestly dont know but assume there is some way to force the media to change articles so they are truthful with some sort of threat of action if they continue to report false information?

Ive already binned the usual media and not had Sky or BT for years for exactly that reason.

Blue since '91 and lapsed Bluemooner. I've not read all of the thread, forgive me, but i wanted to specifically ask about the realistic knock-on of this decision onto the investment in the club from China and the United States, and the major sponsorship deals like Puma etc.

Around 22% of the club is not owned by Abu Dhabi. This investment was made, you'd imagine, based on accounts now suspected to have been inflated. The more recent investment, by Silver Lake, admittedly in the group as a whole rather than just City, felt inflated at the time, and will almost certainly be revenue and performance-related.

Could the kit deal with Puma, over £60m per season of potential income, be also linked to CL participation?

This adds up to comfortably over £1bn of revenue, some historical, some due over contracts. Could these parties effectively walk away, void these contracts, or in the very least enforce penalties or renegotiation?

I've pretty much given up on 5Live, MOTD, Football Focus. Never listened to TalkSport, had Sky or BT. I very rarely even read the papers these days, because most articles about City are negative.

Let's face it, City were never going to be allowed to crash the party, despite our clear and obvious plan to make football more inclusive and to promote local involvement in football and sport in general. No other club has anything even remotely close to the Etihad campus, but we're the bad guys?

It's clear and obvious that football at the top level is a cartel, and we are not welcome unless we agree to play by their rules.

I've only been listening to 5Live since this came out and I would say they've been pretty good.

Simon Stone has been at pains to reiterate that City say they are innocent and didn't break the rules every minute or so, talking about how FFP is there to protect old established clubs, Chapman keeps steering the conversation towards if FFP should even exist, and they just had a football finance expert on who said that FFP didn't work as a way of ensuring a level playing field and all it does is stop new investment.

Stephen Warnock has been a bellend, being a Liverpool fan, but everyone else has been pretty measured compared to what I've seen journalists write on twitter.

I do wonder how much our legal and PR teams have been involved in reminding everyone of a few responsibilities this morning.

I’m not actually bothered about being banned from the champions league. Most city fans couldn’t care less about it anyway.

it’s more the clear agenda UEFA have against us

Not bothered about the CL, as we'll never be allowed to win it anyway

Bothered about the lost revenue and the potential problems in attracting / keeping the best players who want to play in the competition

Those of us old enough to remember the rioting out side Maine Road is the type of mentality we need now fuck the world, chin up chests out and lets show everyone we are a club wear the fans,players,board and owner are one ,we are city no one likes us we don't fucking care let's behaving it you twats
A few 'Swales out' chants and a couple of PET pint glasses thrown towards the main entrance hardly constitutes a riot.

Not according to CAS's own minutes they didn't. More media bollocks.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/Award_CAS_6298_internet.pdf

Manchester City Football Club Limited, Manchester, United Kingdom
Represented by Mr Paul Harris QC, Barrister, Monckton Chambers, London, United Kingdom, Mr Rhodri Thomas and Ms Natalie Sheehan, Solicitors, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP, London, United Kingdom, Mr Jean-Cédric Michel and Mr Massimiliano Maestretti, Attorneys-at-Law, Kellerhals Carrard, Lugano, Switzerland

That's five, not eight.
D,ya reckon we'll get legal aid ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.