UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Juve is different in that they don't have the domestic competition we have and 2 very powerful clubs with officials in every governing body
I agree that our situation was different but for other reasons: you're not going to be stripped of two titles and demoted to the second division with a 9 points disadvantage.
This UEFA decision wouldn't directly affect your domestic competitiveness.

As for @richards30 original post; like everyone else already said, being hated shouldn't be your concern. It's only natural, especially for winners.

Juventus got relegated to Serie B, came back up straight away and are now in with a good chance of winning their ninth title in a row. A couple of years out of the Champions League wouldn't destroy our club, even if it wasn't basically an opening gambit by UEFA. Presumably the thinking is that a ridiculously harsh punishment simply gives the CAS a chance to reduce it and still potentially see us kicked out of Europe for a season.
If by "came back up straight away" you mean we got the promotion back to Serie A then yes, but if you mean that we got quickly back to success you're wrong, though I suppose our recent winning streak did a good job of making it look so. We were demoted in 2006 and we won our next title in 2012 (and won it by 4 points) after finishing 7th for two seasons in a row. All in all we overcame that setback well, but it wasn't immediate nor was it easy.

Soriano has supposedly sent messages to all players to go to a team meeting today to talk about what city are going to do now. Ain't half the team on there holidays still or were they due bk today

These same journalists are patting each other on the backs for getting us the ban.

Fuck them off and let them write their shite but we should play no part in communicating with them from now on.

I'd ban every fucker that writes in support of the ban. We have had bad press all along. The sanctimonious gits in the media will be even more righteous than ever; unfortunately many of them are not very bright on this subject. As for the general footballing supporting populace, never forget that half the people out there are of below average intelligence (last time I said that on here I provoked a bloody debate about averages, means, modes etc - we don't need that debate again...) and are too thick to understand where the wrong doing is here, in addition to being biased against us.

City may have broken rules but the issue here should not be what City did in that regard but the fact that the rules need breaking. Once upon a time it was legal to have slaves; laws / rules are not always (morally) correct and the world and history are full of examples of that.

I'd particularly ban any journo applying the term financial doping to MCFC: it does not apply. All City's owner has done is try to invest in his business to make it competitive. However there has been a premeditated attempt to prevent the club from competing with the old established elite and to try and ruin the club under the guise of the horribly misnamed Financial Fair Play. As someone who plies their trade as an accountant in business, I am beyond angry about this utter charade.

City have been nice for too long. They need to get tough and they need to make sure they have the last laugh.

This is hilarious. Simon Stone trying to sound unbiased on R5 but behaving like a Pig in Sh*t with all his articles for the BBC website. I've had a big smile on my face all day watching him dig bigger holes for himself. Tip of the iceberg as well. It is like Christmas Day all over again these journo's showing their true colours. On the discussion panels they are bursting into spontaneous laughter for no reason. They just can't hide it.

The usual suspects crawl from under their stones......

IAN HERBERT: Manchester City have established a reputation as a grubby club with under the table dealings... UEFA's two-year Champions League ban is SO right.

IAN LADYMAN: If Manchester City have won trophies by CHEATING the system then we must put an asterisk against their success and question how long Pep Guardiola will stick around
By Ian Ladyman for MailOnline.
That’s 2 exclusions from the club conferences surely.

Well its not because there are still PL financial rules to abide by aren't there?

Also don't quite get the assertion that without European football we'd run away with the league. If we hadn't had CL football this season, do you think we'd be sitting above Liverpool right now?

the rules on FFP are old school with manchester city just like this ban and fine from 2013 ?? we are now clear of anything with ffp in europe and england and turnover is one of the best in the world

plus and 2 major sponsors with pump and the new training gear sponorship marathonbet and a 10% sale share i think we are close to £1 billion in the bank, so before tv rights revenue and winning titles and prize money we have been debt free for 4 seasons and making a profit ??

like it or not manchester city are never going away and even if the ban stands who cares about the so elite champions league ?? its on its last legs anyway even the cartel want change and looking into a fifa world super league and manchester city will be a major player in that

Seriously though, are we fucked or not?

I'm unashamedly not going through all these pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.