UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see the club play the home leg against Madrid and take the opportunity to show our contempt of Uefa, I would refuse to play their shitty little jingle, offer the Uefa delegates the absolute bare minimum of hospitality and refuse to undertake any post match press conferences.

No doubt we would be fined for these actions but it would be great to see.

I wouldn’t mind but at the time Der Spiegel published their articles, Conn stated that it wasn’t a big deal and there wasn’t much of any note so what’s changed? Have UEFA gotten Conn onboard because reading his stuff over the past 24 hours, you’d think he was on their fucking payroll. Yet, funnily enough, when all that shit was going down at his beloved FC United the other year with allegations of corruption and whatnot, the fucker has never written a single article about it. I wonder why that is. Seems to me that Conn is a fucking wrong ‘un

Conn isn’t a blue and obviously never truly was one.

He’s a spineless cretin and just looking at his face inspires violence.

I would be absolutely shocked if Khaldoon didn’t have an app developed specifically for this occasion which, when opened, presents only one giant graphical sky blue button to push, which simultaneously sends all of our appeal documents to the appropriate courts, ‘advisory’ statements to various press entities, and large text “FUCK OFF” emails to the executives of the various cartel clubs (with a few redacted documents concerning their clandestine activities attached to give them a small taste of what is to come)...

Hope you are right but let’s not be under any illusions, we’ve been dancing to UEFA’s tune for 10 years. I’m not as convinced as you are that we will suddenly be in the better position.

Isn’t the issue that knowing CAS can’t be overturned, City would just sue UEFA on a restraint of trade basis to dismantle FFP in full? The doctrine of mutually-assured destruction?

I doubt if that could be done. The European Supreme Court has considered the case against FFP brought by Dupont (the Bosman guy) and thrown it out. Doesn't mean to say City can't start another case of course if they can find a different angle I suppose.

It looks to me that City are going to have to persuade the CAS that the UEFA procedure was so fundamentally flawed that it needs to be overturned. That's the line of City's statement. If they can add to that persuasive arguments to refute the allegations themselves, then all the better but so far City have confined themselves to the unfair procedure argumant, not the actual allegations.

The one glimmer of light I see in this is that neither side can afford to lose 100% on this and any arbitration process is a risk for both parties. Which suggest some sort of middle way, maybe even "out of court".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.